TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to improve my ride quality from my Downey AAL. What's the difference between the two manufacturers?

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think you'll hear that Deaver's give a more plush ride, while the Alcan's offer greater carrying capacity. Both manufacturers have a great rep around here, and either can build a leafpack to custom fit your needs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
the general consensus is that deavers ride softer and alcans are better if u tow or carry a lot of crap. i run alcans and love them! i had them made for 400 lbs extra but now most of the time i have nothing back there. wish i would have got them for 200lbs or so. i throw my quad back there and not a hint of droop or sag which is nice :) u cant go wrong either way IMO

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
nees1212 said:
Looking to improve my ride quality from my Downey AAL. What's the difference between the two manufacturers?
The standard 7 leaf deavers are a soft ride and are not intended for huge loads. We also sell allot of 8 leaf packs which still ride awesome but can handle a little more load than the 7 leaf packs! If you have anymore questions please let me know.

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cb77DEMELLO said:
The standard 7 leaf deavers are a soft ride and are not intended for huge loads. We also sell allot of 8 leaf packs which still ride awesome but can handle a little more load than the 7 leaf packs! If you have anymore questions please let me know.
I've got a shell and an aftermarket bumper that add weight to the rear. With the Downey AAL and Rancho 9000x shocks, my rear end just bounces all over the place. People have recommended both Alcans and Deavers, and I was trying to find out the main differences between the two.

·
Registered
174 Posts
aor4x4 said:
the Alcans are not always stiffer.. They can be built to your specs. If you want a stiffer rate to haul or tow stuff, or if you want a stock, or softer rate for ride and flex.. With the Deavers, you get what they've got unless you pay the price for custom.
mine ride verry soft

·
Registered
174 Posts
aor4x4 said:
the Alcans are not always stiffer.. They can be built to your specs. If you want a stiffer rate to haul or tow stuff, or if you want a stock, or softer rate for ride and flex.. With the Deavers, you get what they've got unless you pay the price for custom.
hey randy you going to the race next month? :welder:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Alcan will make you what you want--truely custom.

Deaver's will be their production spring, or based off that, and cost more $$$'s.
There production spring is based on a 8 inch arch, and the 8,9 and 10 leaf are all based on this arch except more spring rate the higher pack you go, and more lift consequently.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
Toyota4ever
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing