TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For starters I will delete this thread if it starts going the wrong way, so don't be shocked if it ends ends up vanishing.

There has been some talk here about this topic lately and want to state this. I will not take part in a run that allows alcohol consumption on the trail. Be it one beer or 20 I don't care it is still drinking on the trail. Please leave the drinking for off the trail and after the run. If a run is planned with other clubs and posted on there boards and ours we need to let folks know the TTORA rules and ask them to please understand and obied by them. I don't have a problem with drinking at camp heck some of you all know I do. :D Hind site is 20/20 so don't look back on the things that have happened use the experiences and learn from them.

Please don't drink and drive and don't drive drunk, this if for all of our safety and piece of mind.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
ohio03trdtaco said:
For starters I will delete this thread if it starts going the wrong way, so don't be shocked if it ends ends up vanishing.

There has been some talk here about this topic lately and want to state this. I will not take part in a run that allows alcohol consumption on the trail. Be it one beer or 20 I don't care it is still drinking on the trail. Please leave the drinking for off the trail and after the run. If a run is planned with other clubs and posted on there boards and ours we need to let folks know the TTORA rules and ask them to please understand and obied by them. I don't have a problem with drinking at camp heck some of you all know I do. :D Hind site is 20/20 so don't look back on the things that have happened use the experiences and learn from them.

Please don't drink and drive and don't drive drunk, this if for all of our safety and piece of mind.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
142 Posts
i would also like to add that i have seen the Sherrif Dept. out on the trails at Wellsville and other trails. they dont think its funny to wave at them with a beer in your hand. most of the people i run with drink and drive but luckly no one has been hurt yet. once my truck and life r in order i wana go on more runs with u guys and una(if she can keep up hehe :)

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
ohio03trdtaco said:

Nor do I. Drinking on the trail Will Not be tolerarted.For the record if a run is planned on this board or mentioned on this board it is an official OHTTORA run. This means no Alcohol.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
good post Eric

At this point I'm sure everyone is aware of my opinion on the subject

while legality and following TTORA rules are very important concerns of mine, my biggest concern is (as some one was nice enough to point out) I have no way of telling whos impaired or who's not unless they do something stupid, at which point it may be to late

I really enjoy this club and intend on making sure these rules are followed on any runs I am attending as I do not wish to tarnish this clubs reputation or endanger the safety of anyone

Additionally I usually only attend runs where I know the people and am certain that alchohol will not be an issue

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
NEV2DEP said:
Nor do I. Drinking on the trail Will Not be tolerarted.For the record if a run is planned on this board or mentioned on this board it is an official OHTTORA run. This means no Alcohol.
so just to clarify.. if i get invited to a run by another club (and it is officialy their run) and link it over here for people to check out over on their site... its a TTORA run and everyone must abide by TTORA rules even though its the other clubs run in the first place?
(not trying to start shit.. just want to know so i dont post other runs anymore if thats the case... i dont wanna fuck it up for the other club whos run it actually is.

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
OFRD_GRL said:
so just to clarify.. if i get invited to a run by another club (and it is officialy their run) and link it over here for people to check out over on their site... its a TTORA run and everyone must abide by TTORA rules even though its the other clubs run in the first place?
(not trying to start shit.. just want to know so i dont post other runs anymore if thats the case... i dont wanna fuck it up for the other club whos run it actually is.
What i said was based on this, part of a PM from Shannon
TACOZILLA said:
Also, any events that you have posted as an unofficial event now because of this incedent is no way to get around this. If this is a planned event that your chapter has been planning, it is considered an official event and the rules will apply.

Please make sure ALL of the participants at your events are aware of the rules
I would except All OHTTORA memebrs to abide buy this clubs rules even if it is not our event as you are repersenting this club.
As far as posting links to other clubs runs i'll get back to you on that i don't see a issuse myself.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
OK I just wanted to make sure I understood everything...
I don't ever plan on driving while having a beer.. but I didn't wanna post something about another clubs run and end up screwing them over somehow...

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would say if we have invited another club to a run then they should understand and respect our rules. That is especially true if one of our members it trail leader. If the other club invites us we should fallow there rules, while not breaking our own.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
ohio03trdtaco said:
I would say if we have invited another club to a run then they should understand and respect our rules. That is especially true if one of our members it trail leader. If the other club invites us we should fallow there rules, while not breaking our own.
like i said... i was referring to informing you of other clubs runs that we can attend...
obviously a ttora run is a ttora run no matter who attends..

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am trying to think of the best way to word it. If a club is invited to run with us for an event that was started here then that club should respect our rules. If we are invited to wheel with others we should respect there rules. At the same time we are still TTORA members, and even though it may not be a TTORA club event; TTORA club members should still respect the TTORA rules.

I hope that clears what I was thinking up. Now this is just what I think it isn't stated as a club rule.

·
Premium Member
2,924 Posts
ohio03trdtaco said:
I am trying to think of the best way to word it. If a club is invited to run with us for an event that was started here then that club should respect our rules. If we are invited to wheel with others we should respect there rules. At the same time we are still TTORA members, and even though it may not be a TTORA club event; TTORA club members should still respect the TTORA rules.

I hope that clears what I was thinking up. Now this is just what I think it isn't stated as a club rule.
CORRECT

we represent ttora regardless who we are wheeling with...

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
ohio03trdtaco said:

I don't want to be the bad seed on this but I was not even aware of the ttora rules at that time. When I suggested that we go wheeling to Terry, I was also talking to some of my friends too about going. Then Terry posted it here as well. Some of them will try doing stuff that you may think is dangerous. Thats the way they are alcohol or not. So please dont judge them for pushing thier 4x4 to the limits. I dont drink that often but when we had the meet and greet some people had some drinks and drove home, this might be a double standard but Isnt that kind of the same thing? I do like all of you guys and girls, thats why i signed up for the club so we can all go offroading and have fun! Next time that we all go offroading as a club if some one is breaking the rules of ttora than we as a club should speak up right there not later. All that was said to me was that I will never wheel with them again.
At this point I am not sure who to invite wheeling, who to tell, what to post. I have been off roading with my friends for years. The fact that i have "joined" this club to network with more people, does not in any way give me the right to impose this clubs rules on the existing friends that already were planning this outing with me. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta:2cents:

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ugly's ok said:
I don't want to be the bad seed on this but I was not even aware of the ttora rules at that time. When I suggested that we go wheeling to Terry, I was also talking to some of my friends too about going. Then Terry posted it here as well. Some of them will try doing stuff that you may think is dangerous. Thats the way they are alcohol or not. So please dont judge them for pushing thier 4x4 to the limits. I dont drink that often but when we had the meet and greet some people had some drinks and drove home, this might be a double standard but Isnt that kind of the same thing? I do like all of you guys and girls, thats why i signed up for the club so we can all go offroading and have fun! Next time that we all go offroading as a club if some one is breaking the rules of ttora than we as a club should speak up right there not later. All that was said to me was that I will never wheel with them again.
At this point I am not sure who to invite wheeling, who to tell, what to post. I have been off roading with my friends for years. The fact that i have "joined" this club to network with more people, does not in any way give me the right to impose this clubs rules on the existing friends that already were planning this outing with me. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta:2cents:
I wasn't and am not referring to what happened in this thread. This is to move forward and to put out in the open the rules and how I feel. The rule wasn't totally in place at the time what you talked about happened and only let us know we should say something. I don't like looking back I like to look forward and see how to prevent things.

Yes you did point out a double standard with the bar and driving after. I won't deny that. I am not saying any one has gone over board with drinking, at this time. The rule is there to keep things from getting out of hand. Also while in the bar you aren't endangering any one. I only hope folks know there limit and stop there, and don't endanger folks when they leave a bar. It is easy to start and not realize how much you have drank, I am guilty of that. :(

Also when wheeling with folks that you haven't meant before. You don't know them and how they act. You can't tell if they are drunk or not on the trail. It is just easier to say no alcohol on the trail than to keep watching out for folks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What we had here, is a failure to communicate. In plain terms. All is well now. Being the person who almost seperated his head from his body due to personality traits, I would like to aplologize to anyone who I may have freaked out in the process. In the future, no alcohol is absolutely fine with me. I could save the beer for when I am at home wearing a wife beater and kicking my dog while I listen to country music. This is a good group of people. I like riding with you guys and I am glad Pete invited us to participate. I cannot promise though that in the future, I will not attempt to accomplish a feat such as Upper Twister (even stone sober after church)! I will not advocate the use of alcohol on the trails or participate in alcohol consumption in the future, so we can all relax. The reasons for no alcohol are understood to the fullest extent possible. We dont need to beat a dead horse (sorry Una!), no punn intended!LOL! By the way, I am toying with the idea of getting a helmet that fits for future runs and wondered if that is addressed in any of the rules? Anyway, hope to ride with you guys again in the future and I promise to limit myself to only smoking small amounts of crack cocaine, marijuana, and methamphetamines! Ok, maybe the occasional injection of some Horse tranquilizers! J/K!

·
Premium Member
3,164 Posts
LawBiderQuad said:
What we had here, is a failure to communicate. In plain terms. All is well now. Being the person who almost seperated his head from his body due to personality traits, I would like to aplologize to anyone who I may have freaked out in the process. In the future, no alcohol is absolutely fine with me. I could save the beer for when I am at home wearing a wife beater and kicking my dog while I listen to country music. This is a good group of people. I like riding with you guys and I am glad Pete invited us to participate. I cannot promise though that in the future, I will not attempt to accomplish a feat such as Upper Twister (even stone sober after church)! I will not advocate the use of alcohol on the trails or participate in alcohol consumption in the future, so we can all relax. The reasons for no alcohol are understood to the fullest extent possible. We dont need to beat a dead horse (sorry Una!), no punn intended!LOL! By the way, I am toying with the idea of getting a helmet that fits for future runs and wondered if that is addressed in any of the rules? Anyway, hope to ride with you guys again in the future and I promise to limit myself to only smoking small amounts of crack cocaine, marijuana, and methamphetamines! Ok, maybe the occasional injection of some Horse tranquilizers! J/K!
:kewl: :kewl:

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
LawBiderQuad said:
DUDE thats way fucked up LOL
why ya gotta go pickin on the horses?

·
Registered
5 Posts
After some time, you will all realize that I have a few screws loose. I hope that is a prerequisite for club membership! If so, count me in! My friend Mike and I have been discussing building a Yota project, Pete brought him as a passenger in Euclid, and he loved it. Plus, he makes more than me, so finding a good project rig won't be such an obsticle!

Your damn right I ordered the code red!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts