TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got NWOR front coils because I am getting an ARB bull bumper, and didn't like the saggy stock look my truck had anyways. I installed the front coils last night, and I am wondering if I should wait until the bumper is installed to do an alignment. I know the suspension needs to settle a little anyways, but the bumper wont be here for about a week. The bumpers are heavy is what I'm told, so I didn't know if it would affect the alignment. I got brand new tires yesterday, so I don't want to wait forever to get an alignment if it makes a big difference. As it sits right now, I got a 1.5"-2" lift out of those coils.

·
Registered
951 Posts
waiting a week or 2 will not kill you. you will need an alignment, but the weight of the bumper should not affect the alignment process as it were....ahem..

Boheefus

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,561 Posts
I generally recommend that you give the new coils a week or so to settle in before doing the alignment. You will get a little extra wear on the tires, but nothing you will really notice.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
TheChiefSinner said:
I got NWOR front coils because I am getting an ARB bull bumper, and didn't like the saggy stock look my truck had anyways. I installed the front coils last night, and I am wondering if I should wait until the bumper is installed to do an alignment. I know the suspension needs to settle a little anyways, but the bumper wont be here for about a week. The bumpers are heavy is what I'm told, so I didn't know if it would affect the alignment. I got brand new tires yesterday, so I don't want to wait forever to get an alignment if it makes a big difference. As it sits right now, I got a 1.5"-2" lift out of those coils.
how many miles are you planning on driving in the wait time?
are those the progressive ones they sell?
I used to have those coils...nice for clearing 33x10.50s and no rubbing but that's because they limit up-travel and articulation in general ;) Just the bumper won't drop your front end down much with those coils but if you add a winch you'll probably lose around 3/4" or so. the coils will not settle that much either...mine never did.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hytenor said:
how many miles are you planning on driving in the wait time?
are those the progressive ones they sell?
I used to have those coils...nice for clearing 33x10.50s and no rubbing but that's because they limit up-travel and articulation in general ;) Just the bumper won't drop your front end down much with those coils but if you add a winch you'll probably lose around 3/4" or so. the coils will not settle that much either...mine never did.
I'm trying to drive as little as possible, but would estimate 350 miles, and about 2 weeks before I can get the bumper on and get the alignment done. I had these same coils on my last truck and really liked them. I noticed a big difference in the whoops at Glamis. They aren't anything fancy, but I didn't really want to spend the money for good coil overs when I had the coils before and liked them. I'm hoping to sell the TRD coils on ebay or something now to help offset the cost. I don't know if anyone would really want them though. What do you think they might be worth?

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
TheChiefSinner said:
I would wait for the bumper. When I got mine aligned I could get in and out of the truck and see the alignment go in and out of spec

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
TheChiefSinner said:
I'm trying to drive as little as possible, but would estimate 350 miles, and about 2 weeks before I can get the bumper on and get the alignment done. I had these same coils on my last truck and really liked them. I noticed a big difference in the whoops at Glamis. They aren't anything fancy, but I didn't really want to spend the money for good coil overs when I had the coils before and liked them. I'm hoping to sell the TRD coils on ebay or something now to help offset the cost. I don't know if anyone would really want them though. What do you think they might be worth?
that shouldn't do much harm unless your front tires look something like this \ /
;)

as for handling, the nwor coils were great...just didn't work for what I needed which was articulation off-road.

·
Registered
115 Posts
TheChiefSinner said:
You need to install the bumper before the alignment, perfer with a full tank gas when alignment. Your best bet is to put back the orginal strut/coil until you ready to put on the bumper. Unless you can just eyeball the toe and adjust it close to spec or zero.

With the camber off spec, it will increase the tire wear, but nothing major, compare to off spec toe-in toe-out, it will chew up you tire in no time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts