TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have some OME 884 coils on my 06 taco. I trimmed the inner fender and had very minimal rubbing. after some time/sagging of the springs i had to trim some more. I recently had some DR coilovers put on that raised the truck back up higher then it was with the sagging OMEs but it seems to rub even worse now. It looks like the wheels are actually sitting further to the rear of the truck in the wheel well. Is it possible for a shop that is doing an alignment to move the wheel more towards the front of the wheel well?

·
Administrator
18,217 Posts
Yes, but there is a limit to how much it can be moved. That part of the alignment is called caster and with the alignment cams we have on the trucks, its a give and take relationship between caster and camber. Visit a quality alignment shop and discuss your current alignment specs and what will happen if they try to shift the tire forward more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
ShowStop
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing