TTORA Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im located in San Diego and wanted to know of any shops that would align my 93 LT ??
i know any shop could possibly do it but if there are shops you would rec. that i go to please let me know. Ive asked ORW but they dont like doing LT alignments. I would try it at work but my rack may be just to narrow to fit the truck on.

-thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
go buy some turn plates, tow plates, a camber gauge and 2 identical tape measures from Harbor Freight

Then you can do your truck, and make some money doing others

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
my local express tire in pacific beach said they would do LT kits if they mainained the cams for adjustment.

so as to not start a new thread, which i may do anyways, Has anyone had problems getting their CAMBURG kit with the alignment on the lower heims done???

I just paid for a lifetime alignment and am worried they wont be able to or wan to do it with this kit.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
379 Posts
They aren't really heims, as in they don't thread to adjust alignmnet whatsoever. With the kits your alignment might be weird for a little while, but it can be aligned like stock

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
They aren't really heims, as in they don't thread to adjust alignmnet whatsoever. With the kits your alignment might be weird for a little while, but it can be aligned like stock
i guess i still dont understand????

so how is alignment accomplished:confused:

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
okay, i was confused about that part, actually dead wrong in how i thought the arms were:D

i though the stock alignmnet cams were not used with this kit but now it seems like it would have to...

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
so you neverneed to get it aligned...ever???
wow

·
Registered
912 Posts
You align off the lower arm using the stock eccentric cams which are built into your lower a-arm pivots, the camburg uniball pivots align the same way urethane bushings do, camber and caster are adjusted using these cams and toe is adjusted at your tie-rods, you absolutely need an alignment

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
gotcha, i pm'ed jerry z on rdc and he said no more cams...which confused the hell out of me. gotcha thank you all.
Mike

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I just paid for a lifetime alignment and am worried they wont be able to or wan to do it with this kit.

Thanks
Mike
yup me too. the local firestone told me i can use my lifetime alignment on an LT but i have to pay an initial 60 bucks. Fckin gay. Sorry just had to add that.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
60 bucks thats all?? stop crying.. I paid 200 for lifetime..
no i paid 175 for a lifetime, but if i change out my UCA and LCA (aka LT) i get charged 60 bucks for the first initial alignment, then the rest are free.

·
Registered
230 Posts
just do your own alignment i do my own alignments. its not that hard to do it
is that why those rugged trails were worn so bad on the side of the tread, just messing with ya man

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
no i paid 175 for a lifetime, but if i change out my UCA and LCA (aka LT) i get charged 60 bucks for the first initial alignment, then the rest are free.
ah makes sense now.. Still not bad if they do a good job.. That is the hard part, is doing a good job at it.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
if it keeps the cams then I will not have to pay more and they willl do it no problema. plus if something is wrong i know the manager pretty well and he'll make things right.

Thanks
Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts