TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any mechanics/techs/managers here that have access to a wheel alignment spec database?

Since I have a 1985 Jeep Wagoneer Dana 44 solid axle conversion, I would be needing the specs for this.

I have the 3 year alignment @ NTB, but they do a really crappy job and are only interested in setting the toe, which they don't get right either.

I have asked them to print the specs for me, but they kept returning with the wrong vehicle specs. By the time I fully wrote it out on a piece of paper, they said their machine was tied up and that I would have to wait 45 min for them to finish an alignment.

If someone can help me out, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
i got the lifetime alignment from firestone about 2 weeks ago and the guy there did a badass job. sounded like he knew his shit and has aligned modified trucks before.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
purity said:
i got the lifetime alignment from firestone about 2 weeks ago and the guy there did a badass job. sounded like he knew his shit and has aligned modified trucks before.
I'm not sure where you guys are at but a friend of mine just got alignment at Firestone on Hwy 6 and West Rd and the guy knew what he was doing. my buddys truck is a dropped 93 ligthning and we couldn't find a place that could do the job. everybody kept on saying they could only do the OEM specs. this guy a did no questions asked. FYI just in case it helps.

Later!
Jose

·
Registered
532 Posts
onelastcast said:
I'm not sure where you guys are at but a friend of mine just got alignment at Firestone on Hwy 6 and West Rd and the guy knew what he was doing. my buddys truck is a dropped 93 ligthning and we couldn't find a place that could do the job. everybody kept on saying they could only do the OEM specs. this guy a did no questions asked. FYI just in case it helps.

Later!
Jose
i was at the firestone on I-10 between gessner and bunker hill.

·
Premium Member
5,955 Posts
swank501 said:
Are there any mechanics/techs/managers here that have access to a wheel alignment spec database?

Since I have a 1985 Jeep Wagoneer Dana 44 solid axle conversion, I would be needing the specs for this.

I have the 3 year alignment @ NTB, but they do a really crappy job and are only interested in setting the toe, which they don't get right either.

I have asked them to print the specs for me, but they kept returning with the wrong vehicle specs. By the time I fully wrote it out on a piece of paper, they said their machine was tied up and that I would have to wait 45 min for them to finish an alignment.

If someone can help me out, I would appreciate it.
I will check when I get to work on Monday

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Steve,

You are running a 3 or 4-link with coilovers and a panhard, right? First, set the toe-in at about 1/8-3/16", and center the drag link. Then, set the caster at about +4-6 degrees to start, and tweak on it until it feels right. A bit more positive will make the steering heavy, the opposite will make it light. The camber will be what it ends up.

There are no "specs" per se for a custom setup, you just have to tune it until it works right, just like the rest of us.

Regards, John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts