TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I thought I'd share with those who have this stuff... How it looks with the 1" Crawler BL...

I made new inner fender mud shields out of Pond liner that I bought from Home Depot (sold by the foot)... I made up a hole punch out of a brass fitting and drilled the end out to create a sharp edge... Used a piece of hardwood to punch the holes thru... This worked out nicely... Using the original patterns as guides isn't perfect... I could have done better if I really cared all that much... But it is close enough... I started looking for new fasteners to hold them in place and the stealership price was outrageous at $1.79 each... farking crazy... so I found some at my local Napa store for the upper (body) holes and used door fasteners for the frame holes that I found at PepBoys... They all fit snugly and were alot cheaper... (See pics for part #'s)

I'll spare you the BL installation details as that's been beaten to death anyhow and is for the most part a cake walk... However a note on the lowering of the radiator shroud (drop kit) was nothing less then a PITA... as you have to do a notch out for the lower radiator hose... I ended up taking the fan blade off (good thing cause the nuts holding it were not very tight... so check yers ;) ) and rotating the shroud so that I could cut the damn thing from above rather then below (I didn't want to have to remove all my skids to get to it ;)... Other then that it was easy...

The sliders fit awsome and I no longer hit the pinch weld... otherwise those that install these better radius the pinch weld for the supports... The rear Bumper is great as well... as now I can access the cable winch to easily drop or raise the spare... Not to mention the tailgate is now not so damn close to the bumper anymore (when it's down)... So these all worked out great... The front bumper leaves a little to be desired... But it's not all that bad... and a little filler (later) should clean that up a bit...

Here's the pics...

Any questions... feel free to PM me and ask... ;)

·
Registered
764 Posts
lookin good Chief. the flaps get there yet?

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep got em... Thanks... Now what to do with them :dunno: LOL...

I'll post up and adda boy for you... ;)

An interesting note... These are about an inch wider then what came stock on my '00... What year were these from ?

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mrbigbri said:
Why did you ditch your Ivan Stewart wheels?

Any way, trucks looking great!
Backspacing issues for the 285's...

And I didn't ditch them yet... They're stacked in the garage... Not sure what I intend to do with them tho'...

nice set of 265/75/16 BFG AT's on them... Lots of life left... Just too small for my 4.88's...

I may have to sell them... Dang I really liked these wheels too... :(

Animal said:
Dell.. looks like that bumper is pretty close to yer front tire there!! any rubbing issues? or is that an optical illusion? :p
Optical illusion... that or you been drinking early again... LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts