TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking toward to buy some All-Pro coil-over but i got few questions..
1st=> I live in Quebec... so at this time in the year.. we got temps like -30deg and the roads are fill with calcium... Will the coil-over, be able to get out alive from this F*****G season?
2nd=> Is it really a hard job to keep the coil-over a their place... like, is it necessary to adjust the coil-over each week to keep your lift the same?
3rd=> I got a 1997 V6 Extra-cab Taco and i plan to put a custom bumper.. not something REALLY heavy but not light too... adding this with some skid-plates... What springs do i need with this kind of set-up? 550 LBS?

I've searched on the forum but for the winter.. on a Californian forum... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks!!
Cheers
Jo

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
The CO's are pretty much a simple adjustment. Set them to the ride height that you want, drive around for a month or so, wheel the truck a bit, check the ride height again after settling and re-adjust. fin' As for surviving the winter...how much prep and cleaning do you want to do? When I lived in Illinios, we put car wax on the shock bodies for the winter. It keeps the salt from messing them up.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
You are very welcome! Rock on...and warm up...it's way too freeking cold up there. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
mojavegold
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing