TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I installed a set of All Pro's heavy duty Tie rods (Steering links). I know this has been discussed before but i have to give it to them, this is an outstanding product and not only that but searching around All Pro is the only vendor producing this item. The OEM Toyota tie rods are definately a weak link in the FJ. Over time the OEM tie rods just cannot take the abuse given when off roading.
They A. break or B. just wear out. the heavy duty tie rods replace the weak spots of the oem with heavy duty joints and a thick tie rod shaft that appears unbreakable. The installation was very straight forward. If you are familiar with the process it should only take about an hour or so.

If you wheel your rig like I do I recomend these HD tie rods. After wheeling Sunday and driving streets in between since I am very happy with the construction and performance of this steering kit.

These are made for the Tacoma's too.......
Waiting to be installed........

After installation.............

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Thanks for posting a review. I see you got the boots on afterall! I know they are a PITA, but they are the best thing we've found so far.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
you have anything to replace the inner/outer tie rods on 95-04 tacomas? looks like a very similar setup.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
allpro......Previously said:
Thanks for posting a review. I see you got the boots on afterall! I know they are a PITA, but they are the best thing we've found so far.
No problem. Been wanting these for a long time now, you guys are always so helpful and I appreciate it. The boots were actually not that hard to put on.:D

·
Registered
878 Posts
you have anything to replace the inner/outer tie rods on 95-04 tacomas? looks like a very similar setup.
x2.... I don't see them listed on their website....

Looks sweet tho....:D

·
Registered
160 Posts
these dont by chance work with the total chaos long travel kit do they? I know there is an extension that comes with the TC kit but doesn't look like it would bolt to these....ooor is there a long travel version?

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
We don't currently have a version for the earlier Tacomas, but we can certainly look into it.

Also, we do offer an extended version of our steering kit for long travel applications as well.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
We don't currently have a version for the earlier Tacomas, but we can certainly look into it.

Also, we do offer an extended version of our steering kit for long travel applications as well.
Hems for Early tacomas would be nice.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Any chance for a write up? My set is coming soon.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1 Posts
i know this is an old thread but do you offer these for the 08 tacoma in need of tie rods and really would prefer to up grade them

1 - 17 of 17 Posts