TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone heard of all-pro offroad lift? they have chromoly upper a-arms with Bilstein coilovers for $999...i assume they are the 5100 series, but im not positive...any info would be helpful, thx

http://allprooffroad.com/tacoma.htm

·
Registered
121 Posts
i actually checked that out the other day looks like a good lift...was thinking about butin buying it but couldnt figure out if it was for 2 or 4wd or how many inches of lift it provided

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
schcott said:
anyone heard of all-pro offroad lift? they have chromoly upper a-arms with Bilstein coilovers for $999...i assume they are the 5100 series, but im not positive...any info would be helpful, thx
TexasTRD said:
i actually checked that out the other day looks like a good lift...was thinking about butin buying it but couldnt figure out if it was for 2 or 4wd or how many inches of lift it provided

Suggested reading:

http://www.off-road.com/toyota/projects/tacoma/coil_over_compare/

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?page=index_v2&id=137&c=10

·
Registered
360 Posts
They are 6100 series shocks and it is says on the All Pro webiste that it is adjustable from 0-3" of lift. It fits teh 6 lug tacos, Pre Runner and 4x4.

I was also thinking about getting it. Alot of people on here knock it, though none of them own it. The only guy on here that does own it (that i know of), loves it. Go figure. I don't see how it could be all that bad, Bilstein makes good shocks and Eiboch makes good springs....

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
4BYnTacoma said:
They are 6100 series shocks and it is says on the All Pro webiste that it is adjustable from 0-3" of lift. It fits teh 6 lug tacos, Pre Runner and 4x4.

I was also thinking about getting it. Alot of people on here knock it, though none of them own it. The only guy on here that does own it (that i know of), loves it. Go figure. I don't see how it could be all that bad, Bilstein makes good shocks and Eiboch makes good springs....
People knocked the company in the past, the usually do not knock the product. I don't remember hearing any negative comments about their lift.

·
Registered
95 Posts
schcott said:

http://allprooffroad.com/tacoma.htm
I could be wrong but I thought it was a 5100 series shock, basically the tundra coilover bilstein makes but with a different spring and a top mount drilled for the tacoma (http://www.bilstein.com/html/applications/bts/bts_kit.htm). But regardless the obvious disadvantage to this coilover compared to others on the market is that it uses a 2" shock instead of the 2.5" most are using now. The shock has a narrower shaft diameter and uses rubber bushing. Also is it rebuildable or do you have to replace the whole shock when it starts to leak? They would be a definate improvement over stock but I would recommend going with one of the 2.5 options (Donahoe,Camburg,King). I've run the 2.0 Saws, Kings and DR's and 2.5's are the only way to go. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
95 Posts
4BYnTacoma said:
They are 6100 series shocks and it is says on the All Pro webiste that it is adjustable from 0-3" of lift. It fits teh 6 lug tacos, Pre Runner and 4x4
I think its actually a 5100. 6100's have heim ends, these use the rubber bushings like the 5100's. 6100's are also rebuildable, I haven't seen it listed anywhere that these shocks are.

http://www.bilstein.com/html/applications/bts/bts_kit.htm

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
ocmike said:
I think its actually a 5100. 6100's have heim ends, these use the rubber bushings like the 5100's. 6100's are also rebuildable, I haven't seen it listed anywhere that these shocks are.
Check out the first link I posted (post #3), it says they're 6100's.

From that article: "Bilstein already made a 2" diameter 6100 series Tundra coil-over, so All-Pro simply decreased the spring rate to 550# and designed a custom upper mount to allow the Bilstein to fit into a stock Tacoma coil bucket."

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
1,815 Posts
4BYnTacoma said:
http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221&highlight=allpro

post # 2, 4, 20

There were more on the Delphi board but I don't feel like searching that thing.
So the "You get what you pay for" argument holds up, even with people that have no experience with it? I'd listen to Mike (Heatstroker). He runs it, he is an avid wheeler, and he is well respected here. I didn't see anyone give any facts in the posts you pointed out.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Oppositeboy said:
So the "You get what you pay for" argument holds up, even with people that have no experience with it? I'd listen to Mike (Heatstroker). He runs it, he is an avid wheeler, and he is well respected here. I didn't see anyone give any facts in the posts you pointed out.
Facts?? Who needs facts?? I'll take second, third, fourth-hand info over facts any day! LOL

·
Registered
2,393 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
synovus said:
Check out the first link I posted (post #3), it says they're 6100's.

From that article: "Bilstein already made a 2" diameter 6100 series Tundra coil-over, so All-Pro simply decreased the spring rate to 550# and designed a custom upper mount to allow the Bilstein to fit into a stock Tacoma coil bucket."
Well the article your going off doesn't seem to be correct, Bilstein's coilover uses a 5100 series shock not a 6100, if you would follow the link I gave you would have seen it. So unless Bilstein's website and product catalog is not correct that article you are going off is wrong. Just because someone wrote it in a article doesn't mean it's correct. People print mistakes from time to time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
synovus said:
Facts?? Who needs facts?? I'll take second, third, fourth-hand info over facts any day! LOL
The one fact I know from experience after running 3 different coilovers is that ones which use a 2.5" shock performed far better then the one that used a 2.0". If you can afford to go with a 2.5 theres no reason to run a 2.0.

·
Registered
760 Posts
so what have you used & what have you used it for?

ocmike said:
The one fact I know from experience after running 3 different coilovers is that ones which use a 2.5" shock performed far better then the one that used a 2.0". If you can afford to go with a 2.5 theres no reason to run a 2.0.
Hey folks, I would LOVE for anyone whom actually has EXPERIENCE WITH THE ALL PRO setup to post about their experiences.

Also, anyone with opinions about good or bad products in relations to the use of 2.0" compared to 2.5" diameter dampers, please tell us what your use was. E.G. was fade you experienced from on road or off road use?

We may not mirror your usage habits, so we may have different things of value to take from your opinions.

Thanks.

·
1,815 Posts
ricomann said:
Hey folks, I would LOVE for anyone whom actually has EXPERIENCE WITH THE ALL PRO setup to post about their experiences.

Also, anyone with opinions about good or bad products in relations to the use of 2.0" compared to 2.5" diameter dampers, please tell us what your use was. E.G. was fade you experienced from on road or off road use?

We may not mirror your usage habits, so we may have different things of value to take from your opinions.

Thanks.
Search please. This link was posted in this thread already. Try reading it.

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221&highlight=allpro

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
10 Participants
schcott
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing