TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i know its fairly new, but for those of you who are in process, how difficult has it been?? i have searching but coming up short. what is the majority of your fabricaton to your wagoneer axles?

·
Registered
3,390 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
costman13 said:
i know its fairly new, but for those of you who are in process, how difficult has it been?? what is the majority of your fabricaton to your wagoneer axles?
this is NOT a kit for a novice to attempt to install in any way shape or form. A compitent fabber with SA experience and a good knowleged of what all is involved with a swap should have no trouble with it, however.

AP has the kit for a D44 BUT that must be an axle that has been set up the same way that their demo unit was set up to work. Also, there are several different versions of the D44 and they won't all work quite the same with any kit.

With the exception of the complete AP kit including their hybrid axle there seem to be a lot of bugs yet to be worked out.

If you are looking for a cheap, "bolt-on" solid axle that any idiot can install, stop now.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it seems to be very difficult, i have a very addiquite shop perfect for the fabrication. i definately know its not going to be a swap that any idiot can bolt up.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
costman13 said:
it seems to be very difficult, i have a very addiquite shop perfect for the fabrication. i definately know its not going to be a swap that any idiot can bolt up.
then if you've done the needed research on how the SA works and how the geometry works/needs to work the only thing stopping you is $$ ;)

but, if you really want the kit and plan on using any axle other than the AP hybrid I suggest you wait until the bugs worked out of the D44 and Diamond applications.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i can't wait to dive into this bee's nest. i was nervouse, but now i'm actually excited to tear it appart. i've seen some of the problems and come up with some solutions that i think will make it go alittle faster, or atleast cut back on some of the backtracking. and redoing of the same thing over again. but i have been waiting for just over a week for the kit, and i thought i was going to do this some time in the spring but i can't wait. once all the parts are in, i'm cutting.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Fabrication is only half or less of the story. It's suspension geometry, getting everything working togeter as it should and the suspension tuned is where the difficutly comes in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
costman13
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing