TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with this coilover setup? How does it rank next to the King/Hoes? My shiz-net is worn out, and will be replaced by Christmas. :xbeer3:

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
JLtaco said:
Does anyone have experience with this coilover setup? How does it rank next to the King/Hoes? My shiz-net is worn out, and will be replaced by Christmas. :xbeer3:
I haven't had the AllPro setup but from what I understand it doesn't compare to the Donahoes, kings, and Camburgs. They are just not in the same league. Price should tell you something... There is someone selling Camburg CO's and Camburg A-arms on the Delphi forum (maybe this one too) for ~800 which is a great deal. The CO's are 950 new, and the a-arms are 400-450 new.

*is there a spell check in this forum???*

·
Registered
668 Posts
i think that was Kyle Pagel out in Riverside... last i spoke to him, someone already bought his arms, but i think he still has the Camburgs... i can tell you personally that his coilovers are in near new condition.. he had them on for maybe less than a month then he got a sweet deal on a beater taco to convert into an offroad toy, so he is selling everything on his DD dcab...

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
JLtaco said:
you get what u pay for...that's what i always say...so i guess it won't be anywhere near compare to hoes...but maybe kings...just maybe...i think you should wait a bit to see if anyone else has run the coilover system before you get them...it's new so it might take a while before people try it out...or you could be the first one here and tell us all out it :xsmokin1:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Heatstroke in Phoenix won the full setup at Takeover I think last year. He can probably speak up and give some opinions. If you can search on Delphi past a year he had a writeup about it with his opinions. I just wrote him an email asking for his opinion now, a year later to see if he still likes it. I'm eyeing the the full front setup with longer shackles and 5100's for the rear.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd be very interested in hearing what he has to say. Please let me know when you get a response.

·
Registered
81 Posts
For now, I'm really satisfied for the price. I bought it a few months ago from a member here who went with Donahoe or Kings if I remember.

I don't have the upper arm kit only the coilovers. For now they are cranked to 2.5 or so and no trouble. Better than stock ones for sure. Somes said it's preferable to couple it with limited straps as they get more down travel than many of the others on the market. No limit straps installed now for me, something I'll probably do next spring when it gets less cold outside! :)

Like others said "you get what you pay for"...

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Im currently running the donahoes up front and stock suspension in the rear in my 2002 V6 4x4 and since im a street qween it defenitly has better control but not a harsh ride than the OME.

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Hey, what's up. Yeah I have the entire All Pro suspension. So far I have no complaints what so ever. Others who have rode in my truck really like it too. It really comes down to personal choice for overall happiness, but so far no one has got out of my truck dissapointed.

~Heatstroke
Mike
AzTTORA

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
That's great to know. Do you carry much weight in the bed. If so, have you noticed any sagging with the rear springs? Thanks :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
Heatstroke said:
Hey, what's up. Yeah I have the entire All Pro suspension. So far I have no complaints what so ever. Others who have rode in my truck really like it too. It really comes down to personal choice for overall happiness, but so far no one has got out of my truck dissapointed.

~Heatstroke
Mike
AzTTORA
Hey HS,
Please remind me...what size tires you running? I know you were running a body lift to fit 33's (I think). Did you remove the BL since they are the devil and have to go down a size?

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
I don't carry much in the back except the occaisional camping/fishing gear. I don't think they've settled at all. They flex pretty darn well too.

~Heatstroke
Mike
AzTTORA

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
Actually I still have the "devil" on the truck and I went up to 35's. I got the some of the last of the General Grabber MT's for $115 installed. I rub on the passenger side frame and when stuffing wheels while wheeling, but it's nothing major.

~Heatstroke
Mike
AzTTORA

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heatstroke said:
I don't carry much in the back except the occaisional camping/fishing gear. I don't think they've settled at all. They flex pretty darn well too.

~Heatstroke
Mike
AzTTORA
Sweet, thanks again for all the info. On a side note, my 31x10.50's MT's rub my frame.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've never ridden in a truck with the allpro coilovers but as far as ranking them with some of the others out there, some obvious differences are easy to spot. Allpro uses a 2" shock instead of the 2.5" most are using now. The shock has a narrower shaft diameter and uses rubber bushing. So like someone else said, you get what you pay for. They would be definate improvement over stock but I would recommend going with one of the 2.5 options (Donahoe,Camburg,King). I've run the 2.0 Saws, Kings and DR's and 2.5's are the only way to go.

·
Registered
360 Posts
What don't you like about your SAW's. I am hoping to get some coil overs in the future and was thinking about getting SAW's casue I really don't want to spend the extra 300 bucks for dons or kings. Is it really worth it? I don't do any pre runner style stuff just slow going trails.

Where in OC are you? I live in Mission Viejo area.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
JLtaco said:
First off, hats off to All Pro for trying to focus more on Tacomas. Before they started offering this kit, one of our members came up with it on his own. The threads on a few delphi boards covered it as "the poor man's coilover." It's bascially an eibach spring with a threaded shock that anybody can go out and buy. He wasn't really happy with it, and neither was the guy who got his after him. I personally don't care about cushy ride. I'll take an adjustable coilover over a spacer or OME setup anyday, so if your on a budget and you just want to wheel, go for it. If you drive a lot on the street and only wheel occasionally, you may want to save a couple hundred more before you decide to buy and get something a little nicer.

If you really want to know about it post to "dashockman" on the TN delphi board. He's the one who came up with it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't have them but have been researching for a while. Just as everyone says you get what you pay for, I saved money and bought the Extended Donahoe coil overs and I'm glad I did, I'm saving for the Camberg unibal a-arms. I heard from a couple of people that the welding and the metal used in the all-pro arms is not as strong as the more expensive, I'm not a professional, nor can I confirm this but it might be a question to ask befor purchasing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
16 Participants
98 Taco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing