TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you know or dont know I had my motor go out for the second time, this time It was low about 6 qts of oil (yes i filled it up I know because you dont forget at 5 bucks a quart) Anyway it is in the process of being fixed, (lucky me I have some kind of warrenty out there) they pulled the motor out and put the new one in, and now they pulled the old motor apart to find out what happened, well all they can find is the #3 piston is a little loose, but no other damage, they were expecting to see that it came apart and hit the heads or something, but like i said NOTHING... so ya new motor = good.. they are also doing a new clutch plate, i guess mine was on its way out...

Thought I would share the update.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Wow.. if it's all taken care of.. that is a sweet deal. Most dealers would have turned you away, or given you a real hard time just for the mods you do have.

Congrats.

AzHobbes

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car will be full of 12 packs my next time down there :)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the only reason I contacted this dealer, they race so they know whats up with the modifications, I went to one dealer for something totally unrelated to the mods, they took one look at the truck and said nope no warreny...

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I still want to know WTF caused it to do that. :confused: .

·
Registered
264 Posts
DesertTRD said:
As most of you know or dont know I had my motor go out for the second time, this time It was low about 6 qts of oil (yes i filled it up I know because you dont forget at 5 bucks a quart)
Did you rip a hole in your oil pan? I don't know any other way to get 6 quarts low. :eek:

·
Registered
741 Posts
DesertTRD said:
As most of you know or dont know I had my motor go out for the second time, this time It was low about 6 qts of oil (yes i filled it up I know because you dont forget at 5 bucks a quart) Anyway it is in the process of being fixed, (lucky me I have some kind of warrenty out there) they pulled the motor ....
seems like you got lucky... when you were looking for a new motor, what was the average price, i just curious because i wanna but a 3.4 in someday..

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TacomaNova said:
seems like you got lucky... when you were looking for a new motor, what was the average price, i just curious because i wanna but a 3.4 in someday..
1400 - 1500 for a long block with no accessories.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
flatlandtacoma said:
Did you rip a hole in your oil pan? I don't know any other way to get 6 quarts low. :eek:
whole undercarage was dry, no signs of any oil leaks whats so ever.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
DesertTRD said:
As most of you know or dont know I had my motor go out for the second time, this time It was low about 6 qts of oil (yes i filled it up I know because you dont forget at 5 bucks a quart) Anyway it is in the process of being fixed, (lucky me I have some kind of warrenty out there) they pulled the motor out and put the new one in, and now they pulled the old motor apart to find out what happened, well all they can find is the #3 piston is a little loose, but no other damage, they were expecting to see that it came apart and hit the heads or something, but like i said NOTHING... so ya new motor = good.. they are also doing a new clutch plate, i guess mine was on its way out...

Thought I would share the update.
dude, you are SOooooo lucky, LOL

next time don't forget to put the new oil in after yu drain the old ;)

·
Registered
471 Posts
no he has to remeber to put the plug back in before adding the new oil!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hytenor said:
dude, you are SOooooo lucky, LOL

next time don't forget to put the new oil in after yu drain the old ;)
it had oil in it, i dumped 6qts of brand new mobil 1 in it, and i would have known if i didnt, becuase i wouldent have spent the money on the oil, they told me when they opened it up the oil that was in there looked liek glue.. which tells me it probably was sludged up... HMMMMM...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mcadwell said:
no he has to remeber to put the plug back in before adding the new oil!!! LOL
FAWK you mcfaddendale....

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
DesertTRD said:
it had oil in it, i dumped 6qts of brand new mobil 1 in it, and i would have known if i didnt, becuase i wouldent have spent the money on the oil, they told me when they opened it up the oil that was in there looked liek glue.. which tells me it probably was sludged up... HMMMMM...

yea, minor details ;)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hytenor said:
yea, minor details ;)
welp its got 50 miles on it, and im loving it, it soudns awesome.. way better than ever!

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
DesertTRD said:
welp its got 50 miles on it, and im loving it, it soudns awesome.. way better than ever!
weee! new motor :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts