TTORA Forum banner

161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Working on it. Shit piled up fast on me the last couple months, moved into a new place and been busy as hell at work. I should have some progress in the next couple weeks though.

Also in the market for a new dd. Anybody seen any good Tundra's for sale? Preferably stock, or with minor upgrades only, like tires and replacement shocks.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Cool, sounds like it'll be a fun truck, are you going to keep your stock clip or goto a Tundra clip?
Thanks, I need some motivation right now.

And after searching forever, I finally decided on some glass that I like.

Clicky :) (The one piece and bedsides)

By the way, my fiberglass hood and front fenders are for sale ;)

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Got a little work done today, finally. Yep, cylinder #5 spun a rod bearing. Hopefully get the engine back together in the next couple weeks, then I'm going to do some cutting to get it a little lower and farther back. Custom firewall in the works, all those hammer marks are ugly, lol. Then caging it, new front end, new axle, and it should be good to go.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
man looks like you have more work than I do.
Lol, yea I think I do. Yours is coming along fast though. Wish I could work on mine more than just sundays, but now that school is out I might be able to.

Despite the spun bearing, the crank is still in damn good shape and It didn't fuck anything else up. Going to get the block freshened up, crank ground, then rebuild it like I should have done when I first got it. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well, since I've sold most of the stuff off my truck, I'm about ready to start the rebuild. New Chaos kit will be coming shortly and I'll be keeping the 62's for now. I sold my old rear end though and have been scratching my head as to what I should replace it with. T-100, Tundra, or built 9"? Seeing as how I can build a decent 9" for what the Toyota one's cost used, I'm seriously considering it. Any opinions?

yeah, do the ford 9", i already went the tundra route, spent enough money on that to have a really nice built ford 9", i blew the tundra rearend and now i got a 9" in the truck and couldnt be happier, i saved money trussing it myself but it was well worth it

161 - 180 of 213 Posts
About this Discussion
212 Replies
39 Participants
AllJumpStyle
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing