TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opps, I started this in the wrong section so I'm starting it up again over here.

I have a qick question that I DID A SEARCH FOR and didn't find an answer. So with that in mind.

I'm having someone put on a set of IFS Allpro coilovers with the 650lb springs. I won't be there to see how high it sits with the new coils and adjust it accordingly.

So I wanted to know how many inches I need to adjust them to get 3" of lift before I put them on. I know the springs will settle and I'll have to readjust. I'm just looking for a ballpark figure to get started.

I should mention that I have a 2001 4cyl regular cab.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
your other post didnt say anything about year but for some reason i had a feeling it wasnt a new gen

your going to have to put them on to set them. it would probably be a pain in the ass otherwise anyways. usually companies send them out with 2 inches of lift. you need to break them in alittle bit and make them settle too

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Still the wrong folder... er... Suspension Folder would be the correct choice...

You don't say whether yer 4X... But I'm going to assume you are... Because you... like other newbies to this forum think that just because you have a 4X all yer questions should go in this folder... wrong

Use the newbie folder and you won't get flamed for posting in the wrong places... period

The highest you want to set those CO's will be 2 1/2" of lift... Due to CV angles and Ball Joints... Period

As the gentleman above said... they usually come preset a 2" tho' I can't ay fer sure on the All-Pro units... No matter... after they settle a bit you will need to readjust them again and possibly redo the alignment at that point...

There is a reason they are called adjustable... And it's something you can do in yer driveway if need be...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts