TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to do another SAS Been looking in to the Allpro complete setup any one running it? How is it? how is the product and how well is the customer support.

Thanks

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Looking to do another SAS Been looking in to the Allpro complete setup any one running it? How is it? how is the product and how well is the customer support.

Thanks
It really depends on what you want to do with your truck. Much of the kit is excellent...other things, not so. If you go with their axle everything will work. Even then I suggest beefing up some of the parts. I never liked their use of 3/16" plate on the brackets. Most of my stuff either was replaced with 3/8" material or was re-plated with 1/4". If you don't you have to do major modifications to much of the kit. I do not recommend trying it with a D44...been done...not great results. I used it with a Diamond front axle, 64" and we had to change quite a bit of stuff to make it work. Frankly, at this time you can research a 3-link system and come up with parts from places like Ballistic Fab. I suggest you head to Pirate 4x4 forum and read, read, read. Do NOT post until you've read through about 2wks worth of threads that deal with the subject...fair warning ;)

search for 'hytenor's sas'

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
It really depends on what you want to do with your truck. Much of the kit is excellent...other things, not so. If you go with their axle everything will work. Even then I suggest beefing up some of the parts. I never liked their use of 3/16" plate on the brackets. Most of my stuff either was replaced with 3/8" material or was re-plated with 1/4". If you don't you have to do major modifications to much of the kit. I do not recommend trying it with a D44...been done...not great results. I used it with a Diamond front axle, 64" and we had to change quite a bit of stuff to make it work. Frankly, at this time you can research a 3-link system and come up with parts from places like Ballistic Fab. I suggest you head to Pirate 4x4 forum and read, read, read. Do NOT post until you've read through about 2wks worth of threads that deal with the subject...fair warning ;)

yea guys on pirate are a$$holes. better not post at all on there, you wont get an answer other than "hey newb, use the search button"...

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
yea guys on pirate are a$$holes. better not post at all on there, you wont get an answer other than "hey newb, use the search button"...
no, most are not asses. Most there know their shit and get very tired of the idiotic questions that keep coming up...hence their hard responses. Those of us who have done swaps did months, if not years of research before cutting. I suggest you do the same.

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
no, most are not asses. Most there know their shit and get very tired of the idiotic questions that keep coming up...hence their hard responses. Those of us who have done swaps did months, if not years of research before cutting. I suggest you do the same.
why you got to be such a rude asshole :flipoff4: lol

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
I'm running the All-Pro SAS kit with 6" long travel springs. My swap is going on 6 years with no issues. I would recommend it to anyone.
what are 6" LT springs? front is 12", rear should be close to the same.

·
Registered
643 Posts

THIS. I run the allpro kit with a D44 and would NEVER do it again. Buy your own brackets.

Only thing I disagree with is Ballistic Fab. For the love of God, stay away from them.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
When I bought my springs I purchased the 6" lift springs and at the time they offered a long travel version.
"lift" and "long travel" are two completely different subjects.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Anybody mind elaborating on why ballistic fab is bad?
Seriously?? They have the worst business practices in the industry. Point your browser over to the General Chit-Chat section of Pirate (they had to post it there because Ballistic kept deleting it out of their forum on Pirate) and read the thread named "ballistic". That's just the cherry on top...MULTIPLE people have been waiting MONTHS on orders to ship.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Seriously?? They have the worst business practices in the industry. Point your browser over to the General Chit-Chat section of Pirate (they had to post it there because Ballistic kept deleting it out of their forum on Pirate) and read the thread named "ballistic". That's just the cherry on top...MULTIPLE people have been waiting MONTHS on orders to ship.
yea, seems they let their off-road stuff die to make room for all the lucrative Gov contracts. QC died with it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts