TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Mitch:

weren't you looking for a set of leaf-springs?

not too bad of a price for a brand new set. $ 289

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
That is CHEAP for new springs.

·
Deal Master
2,775 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
reading through old posts, seems like their springs are as soft as OE springs.

something to consider if you carry heavy loads.

·
Premium Member
5,584 Posts
think I might order the front 5" for the 82, but the rears are all long travel so I might have to do some mechanicickin for them to work

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Here's what I've found so far:

Well I ran them on my Xcab V6 truck with OME in the front. I was very impressed with the leafs. On the road they handled nicely, I had firm shocks in the rear though. I was able to fill the bed up with mulch bags and they didnt go too low to rub on my tires. My only regret was not getting shocks that can travel long enough for the springs. My limitation was the OldMan Emu shocks that I purchased, they where for a 2" i think, but I had 3" springs in the rear and when I took the shock off to test travel, I needed a 12" travel shock. Not to shabby I think, for the buck.
I've had the All-Pros for about 9 months now and I don't have any complaints. They ride and flex better than the stocks with AAL's. They give right at around 3" and I added a 1" shackle to give me 4". For the price at the time I couldn't justify jumping up to the Alcans or Deavers.
I have a set of All Pro springs and have been VERY happy with them - ordered on a Monday and they were at my front door Thurs!
i have the whole allpro setup leafs,shocks and u-bolt flip kit, i have run them for about 3000 miles now on my ex-cab 4cyl with no settling i got 3 1/8 " of lift and love how they perform on and offroad, you cant beat the price either
All-Pro leafs for about 4 months. 3" pack. They may have settled 1/4"-1/2" if that much so far. They control axle wrap a ton better than the stock springs on blocks. Not sure how they compare in that area to Deaver or Alcan. Also can't say much about load capacity as I haven't hauled much since having them. Very happy with them, though. I'd buy them again.

On-road behavior...they seem to feel slightly stiffer than stock (could be my shocks, though), but provide a much more controlled feel over rough areas. The rear end doesn't wash out from under you nearly as much or as often. This is the 3" pack now, not the 1 1/2". Really quiet compared to stock, too.

IMO, best mod I've done to this truck as far as money to satisfaction ratio.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I was going to make my 2 cents worth... but it appears someone already bug that post up from me. One thing to note is that I have never owned Alcans or other brands of springs before. Now I did fill the bed with mulch bags (kinda over filled) and the springs only dropped at most 2 inches. Not too shabby for a person wanting flex as well as a little load.

Time to get some 5" springs for my 4Runner!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
maybe allpro will give us another discount if we place a big order to buy a few sets of these at once. maybe could negotiate with shipping or something.

·
Registered
532 Posts
thats what i have read too, that they flex really well but do not handle loads and will sag if you haul alot.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i'd be interested in a set of the 5" u can always remove springs that u dont need right away
i would be interested in the 3".

seems that a few guys might be interested, so i was saying maybe we could all get something going at once, and maybe call allpro to see if they give us a better price for shipping or something.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts