TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running the AllPro coilovers and uca?

Or know if the Walker Evan shocks are worthy?

My other option is to get Hoes up front with Total Chaos uca.

Opinions? Preferences? Recommendation?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Anybody running the AllPro coilovers and uca?

Or know if the Walker Evan shocks are worthy?

My other option is to get Hoes up front with Total Chaos uca.

Opinions? Preferences? Recommendation?
I plan on going with the Hoes - rebuildable and I can get a severe weather coating to protect them. They will see a fair bit of salt up here in Canada.

Also - with aftermarket UCA's you can get the extended version CO's from Donahoe.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you look at my sig you can see that I am running alot of All Pro's stuff on my truck and I installed it all myself (with the exception of the sliders I helped install those) so I am pretty familiar with it. Now I'm not trying to turn this into another one of the "All Pro threads from Hell!" I simply want to warn people. If I were to do it all over again, I definately would not have gone the least expensive route. I am happy with the bumper but I am pretty dissappointed in everything else. They seem to design decent products but when you send it out to be mass produced by someone else, you can't assure the quality of the product. For example the sliders mounting legs were all different lengths and not orientated correctly. Also the were 2" shorter than what there website advertised them as. The leaf springs sagged out on me in 1 month, but that has alot to do with my tool box and tools that I carry.

I know my thoughts here are kind of jumbled up but the bottom line is get what the vast majority of people on this site are getting, hoes, Total Chaos and deavers, and a local fab shop for your tubing work.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I have hoes, TC arms and Dakars. Like the combo. It works. Some like Deaver, some like Dakar. First Q you need to ask is, "what will I be doing with my truck"? Then go from there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
im runnig there LT kit with Walker evans.
right off the bat one of the rear shocks blew. I have been emailing all pro about this and no reply. There product is alright but they seem VERY SLOW to deal with.

·
Registered
641 Posts
i've had the allpro stuff in my truck for almost 2 years now.

-the coilovers are great, no complaints there
-the uniballs have alot of play now. i greased them when i installed them and realized a year later that i shouldn't have done that. i have new uniballs that i need to install. not expensive and easy to change. i don't mine changing those every couple of years.
-allpro diff drop seemed to work. i have the coilovers cranked pretty high and everything has held together just fine.

rear
-i have the 3" leafs that sagged out pretty quick. i installed a pro-comp add-a-leaf in them last week that stiffened them up a bit. i've carried stupid weight in the rear many times along with a 3000lb travel trailer.
-i discovered last week that i have a dead 5100 bilstein shock in the rear. i am hoping it's warrantied
-i also have allpro 1 1/4" lift greasable shackles. they're holding together quite well

the truck has performed perfectly with this setup. i can fly down the fsr's comfortably past the solid axle jeeps around here with good control. the rear flexes nicely when crawling over obstacles and has never dissapointed me.

are the other brands better? was this stuff cheaper? i don't know and i can't remember. all-pro was available to me from a local shop at the time so i picked their stuff.

one thing i do need to add is that my truck isn't my daily driver so i've put less than 20,000 miles on this setup. it spends most of the time in the driveway rusting away.

·
Registered
641 Posts
The problem is that it gets expensive to call them from Canada, especially if you get put on hold for a few minutes. Our local all pro dealer also shut its doors last month.

A toll free number would be nice.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am running the 3" allpro leafs with no problems, tow my nautique 2-3 times a week in the summer, no sagging- maybe they remedied the issue. Running about 2 years now. My two cents

Also im looking into coil overs and uca, but really need to be under or at 1000 for both, daily driver.

x2 All pro service is good, give them another shot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts