TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been working in all of my spare time this month fabbing a wrap around rear bumper, sliders, high clearancing my bed rockers, and the ultimate Mall Crawler Mod...a RB 4Crawler 3" body lift...(haters... bite me)

Done with body lift and Sliders

High Clearancing of Rockers

And Rear Bumper almost complete

I still have to install my gap guards, and weld on my receiver hitch and end cross member...
Next month I will switch gears, and regear and lock my 85.....This hobby is gonna break me, it was cheaper to spend my time riding trails on my 4 wheeler, but I enjoy the wrenchin....:saw: :welder: :D

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
:redx: :redx: :redx:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Looks good. What are your measurements for the tuck? When I do mine I want to have it as far up and in as possible with still being able to have th tailgate fully functional and a reasonable crumple zone out back if I get rear ended.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Looks great, Are you welding the hitch below the bumper? or are you going to make it into the bumper?

Also do you think the sides will be stong enough to support a high-lift jack?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone,

Looks good. What are your measurements for the tuck? When I do mine I want to have it as far up and in as possible with still being able to have th tailgate fully functional and a reasonable crumple zone out back if I get rear ended.
I cut about one inch below the body side moulding on the bed which was even with the cross piece on the rear of the truck underneath the tailgate, that gives you plenty of clearance for your tailgate. I tried to retain as much of the corner structure as possible so the interior cuts are angled upwards from the bottom of the corner.

Looks great, Are you welding the hitch below the bumper? or are you going to make it into the bumper?

Also do you think the sides will be stong enough to support a high-lift jack?
I will be welding the hitch to the bottom of the bumper, and then will add a new crossmember on the rear of the frame that will tie to it. I will also add a piece that ties the front of the side pieces to the angle that I used to attach the bumper to the frame. I will post up some pics of this tomorrow as I should have time to finish it up. Thanks for your compliments, it was more work than I thought it would be but it will be worth it.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Nice work! Cool idea on the sliders. I kinda like the dual square tube look with the ends cut at 45 degrees.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice work! Cool idea on the sliders. I kinda like the dual square tube look with the ends cut at 45 degrees.
Thanks, I robbed it from someone else on the board...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts