TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is done:
Glassworks fenders are in the mail!
Manual locking hubs and diff from '97 taco are disassembled and will be ready to go by the time all parts are collected.
my AAD spindles have uniball's already (will be used as spares)
Rear AllPro 3" springs with bilstein 5125's (not LT, but better that stock)

so here is my shopping list:
Camburg Upper and Lower arms -w- Coil over mounts for Sway-A-Way shocks, Steering extenders, limit straps, brake lines, bushings, and 17-4 stainless spacers. $2400
Camburg Sway-A-Way 2.5" Shocks -w- Eibach springs and coil hard wear. $1200
Air Bumps with Camburg Mounting Cans $430
4x4 Brand new Axles and CVS $799
2.5” RaceRunner 3 tube bypass shocks $850
Camburg Secondary shock hoops $250
Having Camburg install uniballs on my spindles $???
TTORA 10% discount

Questions that i still have:
Do the 4x4 axles that Camburg sells have modified or unmodified Tundra CV's?
If not, should i buy my axles from Total Chaos?
Is there anything i am forgetting about? criticize please, i do not want to make any mistakes on such a large purchase. (maybe should have posted a few days ago!)

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Camburg doesn't require modified axles.

Are the bumps you are getting already shortened to 2" stroke?
That is what 'burg kits require I believe.

Good choice on the burg! Though TC is good too:D
Mike

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Camburg doesn't require modified axles.

Good choice on the burg! Though TC is good too:D
Mike
i have not spoken to the guys at Camburg yet, i would assume that they will supply me with the correct stroke on the air bumps.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Manual Hubs vs. the ADD hubs are completely different and require different CV's. If your switching out to manual hubs you may have to go with Total Chaos axles just because as far as I know they are the only ones selling a modified Tundra CV that will work w/ manual hubs. Maybe Ryan @ Camburg will chime in later about the subject.

Keep in mind that the Tundra never came with manual hubs, so they literally have to switch out the ends in order to make it work. :2cents:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ryan told me that the axles were the same price whether manual or ADD either way. I still have the email. I was considering the kit and informed him I had the manual hubs.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Mike
how do you get the stroke shortened? ive got 4" stroke fox bumps that i want to put on with my mid travel setup.

sorry to thread jack

·
Registered
700 Posts
how do you get the stroke shortened? ive got 4" stroke fox bumps that i want to put on with my mid travel setup.

sorry to thread jack
Cut a piece of 1.5" .120" wall DOM that is 2" Long. Install it between the seal carrier and the piston. Remove a few CC's of oil to make up for the volume that the tubing took up. Done. :)

Just make sure you cut it STRAIGHT, or chuck it on the lathe and make it straight.

·
Registered
374 Posts
do you mean inside? ive never pulled one apart before. is it hard to do, or should i take it some place? as for the steel tube, no problem, id just hate to fuck up my bumps by doin something else wrong!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
talked with Ryan all throughout the day, deal is pretty much sealed! some changes though:
not going with the 3 bypass's at all, i guess i was a little ahead of myself. doing 62"s cause my allpro rear wasnt gonna cut it either. going with fox coilovers cause i have fox rear shocks from a buddy.
now, i need some bed ideas. i like the utility, i chase in the 1000(need to hold welder, generator, spare(s), ice chest, and i have a tool box back there). over the last few hours i have accepted cutting up my bed for the shock.

i would like to see some "space saving" shock towers if you got them.
thanks for any input. pics in a minute...
-Sean

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well sadly, these are the best pictures of my bed needs i have.
first one is before baja, and not how it went down. two spares and four fuel cans and a space for the race truck were added. next year i need to fit minimum a generator and welder.

chase truck bed pics please!!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
well since ur going lt in the front and back go with a wider rear axle in the back like i did with a tundra/t100 axle and mount the shocks on the outside of the frame and into the wheel wells so you wont lose as much bed space

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well since ur going lt in the front and back go with a wider rear axle in the back like i did with a tundra/t100 axle and mount the shocks on the outside of the frame and into the wheel wells so you wont lose as much bed space
that definitely sounds like a good idea. i will have to read up on the elocker swap.

any pics?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does the guy leaning on the truck, know the guy behind him is trying to take his pants off?
the guy messing with his pants is me, and i am just finished taken a piss.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i'll snap some pics of my rear end and i'm in teh process of mounting my fox shocks on
what fox shocks? length? and thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
got some work done this weekend! finishing up our prep on the fenders. hopefully we will be starting the molds by Wednesday. we are copying a pair of 3" rise x 3.5" bulge fenders. a lot cheaper since there are 4 tacos that we take to Baja. not going to be worried if i totally destroy them.

1 - 20 of 190 Posts