TTORA Forum banner

alright guys. got some questions from the newbie.

6K views 46 replies 11 participants last post by  tacotoy 
#1 ·
alright, first off... just as a little background, i come from an isuzu group that likes small modifications but generally doesnt do anything crazy because the maintence on our car was very expensive if you broke something (isuzu Vehicross).
so, when i traded my VX for a 4runner i naturally had dreams of bigger mods than what was possible with the VX.
also- i enjoy wheeling my vehicle, but its also a daily driver, so please keep that in mind with your suggestions.

so, this is what i've been pondering for some time now. -

1. when regearing how much should i plan to spend?
2. when regearing, is it pretty much essential to do lockers at that point? do you take apart the axles to do gears??
3. how much should i plan to spend on a front locker to match my rear e-locker?
a couple more-
3. i plan on doing a 3" suspension lift, but is it possible to add 3" spring lift and 1" spacer on top of the springs with a diff drop bracket? to save the CV's basically.

so, if you cant tell, im trying to figure out how to get 33-34" tires on the runner without doing an SAS....and im not fond of body lifts.

thanks for any help!
jack

See less See more
#44 ·
Troy and I can weld the sliders on for you (you pay welding material)

#45 ·
if by any chance you think that you might get a body lift ever to fit larger tires ( not as the only lift....) then you might want to think about that when you weld your sliders on...

#46 ·
Ah yes, good point Rich. That was something Troy wishes he had done before he welded all the body armour on.

#47 ·
its something that im glad i waited to do after getting the body lift... though maybe doing the 2 a little closer together than i did would be a good idea lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.