TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was kicking my e-brake on while parking and i kicked the wire thats hooked up to my hood popper latch. the wire came disconnected from the plastic pull latch it self and is now hanging. i kinda got it back on but when i pull the wire my hood wont pop, its really dirty under there and i just wanna clean it! my i should drive to toyota dealer and have the min.wage service porter take a look? any ideas.

·
Premium Member
3,569 Posts
Well.

#1 - Don't kick the Parking Brake! :rolleyes:
#2 - Try some lubricant around the hood latch if you can get to it.
#3 - Since you have an '05 and if it's under warranty, take it to the dealer, otherwise take it to a local shop or you'll get raped. :2cents:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I was kicking my e-brake on while parking and i kicked the wire thats hooked up to my hood popper latch. the wire came disconnected from the plastic pull latch it self and is now hanging. i kinda got it back on but when i pull the wire my hood wont pop, its really dirty under there and i just wanna clean it! my i should drive to toyota dealer and have the min.wage service porter take a look? any ideas.
maybe you should try reconnecting the cable properly...before you waste our time...i mean all we do is make min wage and move cars around right?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Oh that hurt...ouch...hit him again...one more time

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
maybe you should try reconnecting the cable properly...before you waste our time...i mean all we do is make min wage and move cars around right?:rolleyes:
Well... look at all the technical jargon he uses. Shouldn't that explain it? :rolleyes:

Disconnect the cable and reconnect it properly, or if you can't reconnect it properly, disconnect the cable and using some pliers, pull the cable to open the hood. Then you can clean the engine compartment and take it to the peons you talk shit about and they can fix this simple issue because obviously you are too mechanically retarded to even reconnect a cable to a lever. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks so much pals your the best.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah the butler fixed it himself, he used to work on ivan stewarts rigs. thanks though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts