TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its finally coming. I have posted and threaded about this. Im getting the cat back done on my Taco, and im looking at a 50 series. I heard it on a 4runner 3.4 and it sounded pretty sick. Were gonna go with 6 foot pipes. Does anyone know what else we might need to pay attention to when we're putting it on. also, does anyone know about how the bolt-on works? do we have to make the bolt on setup ourselves or what?
Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
297 Posts
NorCal4life21 said:
its finally coming. I have posted and threaded about this. Im getting the cat back done on my Taco, and im looking at a 50 series. I heard it on a 4runner 3.4 and it sounded pretty sick. Were gonna go with 6 foot pipes. Does anyone know what else we might need to pay attention to when we're putting it on. also, does anyone know about how the bolt-on works? do we have to make the bolt on setup ourselves or what?
Thanks
Alex
If I'm reading this right, all you need to do is splice in the new muffler. Just cut out the old muffler, and splice in the new one and youre good as new. To my knowledge, flowmaster doesnt make a 50 series catback system. So nothing should be bolt on. It should be cut, weld, done..... I would just use the stock piping..... it works pretty good for our trucks, unless its worn out then just replace the original piping with new.....

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Flowmaster does sell a catback for Tacomas, the price is around $275 not incl. installation. I had a shop that insisted that was the only way they would install one on my truck. I went elsewhere and got the muffler and pipe installed for $160.
If your installing a new muffler you might wanna install a new pipe out the back to get it routed out of the way of pass side shackle, and you'll probably want to put a new tip on it also, it's cheeper to get it all done at once.

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts