TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello.. im from dillon.. have a 4 runner.. not new to trucks but new to toyota...

and the tow rig... now i just need a trailer.. hah

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im new to the toyota thing... i come from the chevy side of things.. also moved here in dec of 09... i left my chevy sitting at home half built.. last time i was home i got the 454 swapped from my k20 to my k5... now its siting half dissambled waiting for the d60/14bolt to go in at my garage at home... last i was home also got rid of 2 trucks.. i had a 74 k5 sitting around that i wasent doing much so i sold that off... also sold off my 97 dokota.. i seem to hoard trucks... its a problem hah

also sitting in that garage is a ready to be restored 4 impala ss... all it needs is a fram cleaning paint job engine paint and its good to go... also left behind a deuce and a half...im trying to think of a creative way to get it out here but nothings comming to mind yet hah

the k20 that the engine and trans are being transplaned from into a k5... the frame is beyond shot..just pulling the lift and all the other useables off before it goes to the scrap yard someday...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sx's will stay with my k5 ;p but come spring im hopeing to run a similar set up with smaller sx's on the runner... or maybe ltbs... and prolly milspec dual beadlocks rather than just single eatons... im kinda concerned about the weight of the milspec locks tho

·
7,735 Posts
Are you referring to the re-centered H1's? I was looking at those too... I've seen estimates around that say #50 each for just the wheel :eek:, couple that with SX's and that's crap ton of spinning mass.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes thats what i meant recenter h1s... and yes they weigh a metric asston.. id have no second thoughts spinning them on a set of one tons.. but i dont know what the toyota axels can hold up to... also plan on replacing the axel shafts and birfs with longfeilds in sping too...

this guy has a pretty good deal for 8bolts with rockrings and such.. if i get em this is who id go though

http://www.trailworthyfab.com/124-Dollar-8-Bolt-Hummer-Wheel-Special.html

·
7,735 Posts
I was looking at his 12-bolt with pressed centers. I think even longs would be short lived with that setup tho (<- uneducated guess)

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the 8 bolt recentered H1's and military 37" on my tacoma. Zero issues what so ever. I would recomend them to any one. They are a bit heavy but get the job done!! The longs have no issues holding up. I was running the same rims with 39.5 iroks on my last truck and had zero issues aswell. I am making a run to witchita, ks soon if anyone is interested in something from trailworthy fab. Oh yeah I am from the silverthorne area aswell! Big red SAS'd tacoma.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
should try and get a meet and greet somewhere some how.. im assuming everyone lives up here to ski or board...

and ive yet to see your truck rolling around.. iono how much you drive it... i keep a pretty good memory of anything of intrest i see on the street hah

edit: and good to know about the h1s... super cheap awesome wheels for what they are

1 - 15 of 15 Posts