TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I watched the video ... looked painful.

I took a look at the install video. 4-5min to install each tire reminded me of my easy-to-install z-cable chains for my old Geo Prism. The best part was when the gal put her hands on the floor of her garage to attach the device behind the tire.... couldn't help but think of the zillion times I was on I-80 going over Donner Pass in the slush and mud or foot deep snow trying to flip my old Z-cable chains around the back side of my tires. Im thinking to myself ... gee it looks so easy in a nice dry garage ... NOW TRY THAT TRICK IN A SIX INCHES OF REAL SNOW and cold wet slush!.

Today I just got my Spikes Spiders Sport XXXXL

http://www.spikes-spiders.com/

for all 4 tires on my 4x4 Taco. I just couldn't bring myself to buying another set of Z-cables for my truck. Took them out for a burn around my neighbourhood roads covered in ice and new powder and was really impressed.
We just got 27 inches of powder in my back yard (northern Nevada) over new years and now its snowing again, expecting another 1 to 3 feet over the weekend... everything is closing down here. The snow from new-years is now currently compacted into 3-6 inches of ice under the new powder. No wonder the Donner's didn't make it ....

Three Big Benefits:
-Super fast install+remove about 10-30 seconds per tire.
-Install/deinstall can be done without any of my hands/arms/back/face eating snow/ice/water/mud/slush/road grunge. Slap on the spiders, lock the spider hubs and presto .... DONE!
-Lastly .... much safer ... chains that are a pain don't get used and you know what that means in terms of safety. Also more time exposured to other traffic sliding over the road. Easier install = more attention to traffic that could slide out of control in your direction. You really don't want to be on your back putting chains on the side of I-80 with big rigs passing within a few feet.... scary!. 40 bucks for the chain monkeys? ... forget it.

Big Downside.
Expensive as hell but so is my insurance deductible if I side off the road or into another car buried in snow on the side of the road.

Spikes Spiders Sport ... Two thumbs up!

·
Registered
104 Posts
just my .02- If youve already got chains, just use those. Why buy something new when your chains work just fine?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:xcrazy: that price for those is spider spikes are crazy !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts