TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the alternator on an 05 Tacoma is the same as the 04 4Runner 4.0? I contacted Sure Power about an isolator for my truck and they did not recognize the letters from my alternator ("IG S" and "LM"). They didn't recognize the LM. So does anyone know if this alternator is in other models from any previous year?

Thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
volley said:
Does anyone know if the alternator on an 05 Tacoma is the same as the 04 4Runner 4.0?
I don't have a clue. Did the connectors go together the same after the swap? If you didn't have to mod the wires, my WAG is everything is the same.

Q: Why did you use a 4Rer alt?

I've installed a few Sure Power Isolators on Tacos, maybe I can answer most other questions you might have. I think it's a simple "wire job" but friend who watched me said it was nucking Futs, and not something he would try.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is in the wrong forum? It's not considered an electrical question? Sorry

I just used the 4Runner as an example because it is a 4.0 V6 like my Taco. Not sure if they are the same engine or not so wondered if the alternator was the same or not.

I would love to get an isolator and install the battery for my fridge but Sure Power didn't seem too sure (no pun intended) on which one I would need because of the designator I gave them that's on my alternator. So I thought if other model years used the same alternator I could give them that info as a reference. They said that it would be 7-8 months at least before they would have 05 wiring books and did the research! I really don't want to wait a whole year for one!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts