TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The alternator on my truck makes a squealing sound, like the sound of a belt squealing. I removed the altrernator and there isnt any play in the pully and I cant replicate the noise (it only occurrs at over 2k rpm) Is there a replaceable part in there like a bearing? The truck is a 89 22re and the alt is a toy part so it could be the original. Oh ans I know it is the alt as it made the sound with that being the only belt driven thing then after removing the belt, no noise. There isnt a tensioner pully either, so it has to be the alt. thanks.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,439 Posts
Mine did that, turned out to be the front bearing on the alternator. I bought a new bearing from Toyota, disassembled the alternator, pressed out the bearing, installed new bearing, reassembled and problem was gone.

·
Registered
230 Posts
mine sounds like a supercharger, its kinda cool been that way fer about 8 months i figure ill do it wen it fails

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It isnt the belt, I just changed it. Also, the noise is to consistent for a belt, it come on at a specific rpm and stays on until the revs drop.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ShowStop said:
Mine did that, turned out to be the front bearing on the alternator. I bought a new bearing from Toyota, disassembled the alternator, pressed out the bearing, installed new bearing, reassembled and problem was gone.
cool, that i what i was wondering. Now I need to dissassemble it and get a new bearing. thanks.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the truck doent have A/C, so it isnt that, but what is the "false water pump bracket"?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts