TTORA Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I could also pull back the cover and take a picture of the plug that shows what pins the wires go to if that would be helpful. The only writing on the wires is "made in taiwan"... LOL

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Thanks for the reply. I could also pull back the cover and take a picture of the plug that shows what pins the wires go to if that would be helpful. The only writing on the wires is "made in taiwan"... LOL
Thats wierd I'm about to leave work so I'll let you know. But its wierd it doesnt give you letters.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Well. I did the swap and it was pretty darn easy. I documented it in my 'Garage". I needed a slightly longer belt and the power steering one was puuurfect. So now it is just two power steering belts. I upgraded the wiring too but left the fuse.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
It was some premade bat cables i had. Think i got them fom a parts store somwhere along the way. I did add some ends by getting crimp lugs at home depot. I used a klein hand crimper to scure them. I basically stacked the ends on the fuse block power block with the original hot buss for the breakers sandwiched between. I just cut and sealed over the stock cable from block to battery. Hope some of that makes sense

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anyone know if this will work for another year Deville? My local pick-n-pull only has a 94, 96, and 97 (covenient I know). Will the alternators on one of these work the same? Thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Finally getting the parts to do this much needed upgrade to my system. That poor stock alt just can't keep up with keeping my batteries fully charged.

·
Registered
558 Posts
there is a guy here in vegas that can modify a toyota alt for more amps and he can also turn it into a 1 wire alt without having to use a gm alt to do so.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts