TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wana know what kinda you have, how much it weighs, and if you like it? Also if it has trailer brakes or not.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
I don't own it, but the trailer I used to get my truck to Takeover was a 18' dual axle aluminum Featherlight model 3111 with torsion axles and brakes (wouldn't even consider towing a truck without them). It was the smoothest pulling trailer I have ever experienced, even empty it was virtually transparent. It sits low and with the torsion axles there is no bouncing or jerking whatsoever. If I remember correctly (I called Featherlight) it weighed 1700 lbs. That's just my .02 for ya'

·
Registered
465 Posts
I bought a Big Tex trailer to tow my Baja around. Its not a car hauler, but have a gvwr of 7000lbs, and weighs 1495 empty. It does everything i expect for a trailer to do.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats around the weight Im lookin for. I need something light to make up for the weight of a third gen 4runner

·
Registered
925 Posts
david, you ever weigh it? or is that what the dealer told you?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Here is the trailer i bought. It has brake's on one axle only though. I added Air Bags on my 4runner since the back sagged a bit with my toy hauler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
trd2001
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing