TTORA Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Old School
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is going to stir the pot a bit (if it even makes it a day on this thread). I am sure the higher ups will delete it, God knows they don't want me stirring it up...

You know, I don't give a damn. Back in the day I when I was Prez I did things different, heck Shannon did things different with the National club....

I will probably not be a member after this post. I really don't care. If all all you who read this agree with our current leadership oh well. See ya later....

I e-mailed our TX Prez and asked if I attended the TX TO this year (which he so gracefully gave us a whole month to plan for) and wasn't able to stay for the entire event (ie: I have to leave at 4pm on Sat due to the fact that I couldn't get off of work with such short notice) Would I still be eligible for the raffle. He said for the driver's raffle yes, but for the MAJORITY of the prizes (ie: winch, locker, multiple $300 gift cert. http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69022 ) no, I wouldn't be. So I come on Thur, stay till 3 or 4pm on Sat, I wouldn't be able to be in on the raffle because I wasn't present (held around 7 or 8pm Sat night). OK, WTF. Why should I go. Makes me think my participation in the event is not appreciated...

I ask you, fellow members of the club. Is this fair ??? I have won 2 major prizes in the past at a TX TO and a Nat. TO. I DO NOT remember paying for raffle tickets EITHER time. I could be wrong, it has been a while. (Maybe I did. I remember I got a ticket for food and a ticket for a chance at a prize. I just happen to win the grand prize both times.) Yet this time you attend the TX TO you get one ticket to win one chance at a $500 ARB gift certificate. OK, that is not bad. But sponsors DONATE a winch, a locker, $300 in gift certificates. No, those you have to pay money for. WHY ??? The ONLY time I ever paid for a raffle, the club actually BOUGHT the item first, and the pay for the ticket was to help pay for the item. In this case, I have no clue what we pay for. Call me crazy, but when a sponsor DONATES an item it is given to the club to GIVE away, NOT sell...

You know, Chris is a great guy, but this is total BS. I don't know how he runs his other club but if this is how he plans to run TX TTORA I am out. You guys have fun. I just thought if I attended a run and was there 85% of the time I should be able to get a chance to win the raffle prize. DO YOU THINK SO ??? Or am I just a wacked mofo off his rocker ??? Please let me know, cause according to Chris I am only thinking about myself not all those who attend who want to see the actual winner be up there to smile for the camera with the sponsor. Pucker up buddy. Back when I was Prez I would have let a fellow wheeler be involved in the raffle if he was there almost the entire run, having to leave at the end to get to work. Especially if I planned it at the last minute and was TRYING to get drivers to attend...

Just think you are a bit full of yourself when you send me this crap:

"The drivers raffle does not require the driver to be present to win. His name is on the ticket, we know who it is, no big deal.

The general raffle, must be present to win. We're not gonna write names on literally hundreds (thousands if Manny shows up) of tickets, makes it way too painful for the guys that sell them as well. Been there, done that, not doing it again.

If you stop thinking about yourself and think about the big picture, you should understand (if you've ever been to a large raffle) what a huge buzzkill it is for everyone else. Sure, everyone wants to win, but if they don't win, they want to see someone win. They don't want to see someone watching over hundreds of tickets for people that aren't there like they are hoarding bingo sheets or something. Furthermore, the sponsors and vendors that attend want to give prizes to the winner, and those who don't attend want to see pictures of happy winners, not stand-ins.

If that upsets you, don't buy any tickets... I'm sure the others wont' mind.

So simmer down and sleep on it. I think you would regret it if you let something as petty that as prevent you from meeting and wheeling with everyone."

You plan this event on 05-11-2007. It is set for 06-22-2007. Not a whole lot of time to plan. You really think there will be "literally hundreds (thousands if Manny shows up) of tickets" sold for the raffle. Dream on buddy. All I asked is if you could count me in, one lone wheeler, not hundreds of names, ONE name. (most who are in the drawing, if not all, will be present) So I wouldn't be there if I even DID win. Is that such a loss. If so, screw it...

Sorry all to rant and drag this out but I felt it was BS and I want YOU as members to know how I felt...

So if you think I am full of it and JUST thinking of myself, please let me know. Or maybe you feel as I do, that a fellow member, who makes an effort to attend a FULL run should be able to get in on the raffle and a chance to win some nice prizes ???

·
Split it open-Eat it out!
659 Posts
Chad,
I have bought tickets in the past for raffle prizes, this is very common so is the statement that the winner must be present to win. I believe all procedes from raffles goes back into TMTC as our $ generated actually goes to helping us aquire more land or improve the current lands on which we can wheel. Every event I've been too I have been given a ticket for the grand prize, which from your post is the $500 gift certificate to ARB. i have had to purchase all the other raffle tickets for the other prizes.

I can see your frustration especially if you have to leave early. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't buy tickets unless I knew ahead of time that I could stay for the duration of the event. Chris is not hiding anything either, how would you feel if you bought $50 worth of tickets only to have to leave early and then find out that you had to be present to win? I hope you make it out as I haven't seen you in a long time. Hell I think it was in Corisicana about 3 years ago at a gas station around 6:00 in the morning.

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
I never did you wrong, in fact I've gone out of my way to help you in the past- then, to come up with this petty drama? After I gave you my cell phone number (again) so we could talk things over calmly? Unbelievable.

I don't have time for drama, but I'll leave your little rant up here.

FYI, from what I have been told, the first Takeover that was run as an "Event" in October of 2005 was considered by everyone one of the best Takeovers, due in part to a kick-ass raffle. I have run and helped run alot of "Events", and I don't think anyone will disagree that I do pretty good. It also takes a lot of my time, and for your information, I don't participate in raffles for events I run, so BEW-HEW for me never getting a chance to win.

As far as tickets, yes there will be hundreds sold. Most people buy more than one.:rolleyes:

Furthemore, you have a chance at winning something, so stop making it sound like poor you ain't getting a chance at anything. BEW-HEW.

As far as the planning goes- if you can't manage to plan a trip 6 weeks out, I'm sorry. Believe me, I made it alot harder on myself than on anyone, but it's in the interest of getting more runs put together throughout the state for the remainder of the year.

This public tantrum/drama is your train wreck to clean up buddy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.