TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look, it kills me to do this. I love this dog, but we just cannot keep her at this point.

She is a pure bred American Bulldog pup. Roughly 8mo old. She has been great with my kids and stuff, but recently has started to get into it with my 9yr old Chocolate Lab. First, let me say that I don't see her being aggressive to the point where she bites down. She has never drawn blood, and I honestly think she believes that she is playing. FWIW, my chocolate is a dick to her all the time, but he is fat and lazy and cannot keep up with her energy level. The lab instigates it. She finished it. Its happened only twice, but enough is enough. I also have a 12yr old black lab and they get along great, so I do believe this is an isolated issue between these two. She gets along with all of the other dogs in my neighborhood really well, and has never been aggressive except with my chocolate. She is very socialized as well.

This morning they got into it with my one year old standing right next to them. She got knocked over and my wife couldn't separate them by herself and it spooked her to no end. So, this is where we are at today. My wife is wanting to take her to a shelter and I refuse to do that. She is a great dog, and I love her dearly. She is kennel trained and sleeps in there every night. She is also potty trained. Oh, and she has been fixed as well. The kennel unfortunately doesn't go with her, but everything else i have for her does. (Its my neighbor's kennel)

She is my shop buddy and rides with me to work everyday in the 4runner. She is very loving, but again, I need to find her a good home. She also gets along with my cat. They actually play together a lot.

Please give me a call if you would like to come meet her. 970-420-4198

FYI, the people we got her off of live up the street and I am talking to her this morning about placing her. This is my first option at this point since she breeds these dogs and knows her very well.

Her name is Aspen if it matters. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have always wanted a american bulldog. Talking to my old lady right now.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Sounds like a great dog. Just talk to Scott, my old lady wants her if it works out.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I foster dogs for a rescue organization, that's what I'd look for if I were you. I've only worked with the one but I can tell you they're really strict on who they adopt out dogs to. I've had 2 good people try to adopt my fosters and have been denied due to lack of experience. Unfortunately, your pup is a little small for the one I work with. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I am really sorry to hear that Scotty. That is a really crappy situation. Best of luck finding her a new home and a good new owner.

:(

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Oh man!!! Shes a good pup!!! i can understand the fighint tho. I cant tell you the number of times my dad, Myself or my brother had to be stiched up due to dog fights. Our Husky and the boxer would get in to it all the time. After staying in the vets cage 2 nights in a month the husky got the idea that she shouldn't test the pecking order.

I will talk to wendy and see what she thinks. Maybe i can bring recaro up and see how they play together. Hes really good on other dogs turf and because hes moving in soon it will be new to both. Wendys going to HATE the idea and HATES big drooling dogs but she loves recaro and loved Aspen when we met her on the trail.

If anything im sure we could hang on to her for a while tel you find a home for her. Any bad habits or things to watch out for with her?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Dang, if we had more room we'd try... she got along well with big-ass Diego at Penrose.

>>Dan n Suz

·
Registered
442 Posts
Bump for you Scotty! I was hoping I would be able to take her but my parents are not big fans of bulldogs. :(

·
Registered
393 Posts
Wendys going to HATE the idea and HATES big drooling dogs but she loves recaro and loved Aspen when we met her on the trail.
FWIW, my american only really drools after she drinks water. They are actually fairly dry mouthed compared to say a Mastiff. The snot however is a different story :D.

My wife and I will never own any other breed. American bulldogs have the best personalities, so many facial expressions.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FWIW, my american only really drools after she drinks water. They are actually fairly dry mouthed compared to say a Mastiff. The snot however is a different story :D.

My wife and I will never own any other breed. American bulldogs have the best personalities, so many facial expressions.
I agree. Aspen never really got full of drool. Just after drinking water. My labs are way worse than she was.

I gave her back to Raygen (the lady we got her off of). It killed me to do it and I'm still a little torn about it. Raygen is trying to find her a home and is working with her. So, she is back with her mom, dad, and brother for now.

I miss her.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts