TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of them?

Just curious as to if anyone has any info on these wheels as googling it turned up with nothing. Here's the original link that I found the wheels at.

I'm still learning about trucks and off-roading, as I'm leaving the import scene, but I'm trying to keep my personal questions to a minimal, but have just not turned up anything in my searches. (Also why I just now finally registered. :eek: ) Thanks for any info/links/etc.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Welcome to ttora...From what I remember this style of wheel was popular in the 80's. You might find something similar and be able to coat the middle of the wheel or something. For future reference you might want to make your first few posts in the Newbie tech folder...some folks are pretty free with the flaming...A toyota would be a great choice for a 4x4. There are a ton of TTORA members from Hawaii...Good luck!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
they look like regular chrome mod rims but with a gold center....

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Those look like an old American Racing wheel. I thought it was called an Outlaw or something of the sort, but I just checked their site and that's not what I was thinking of. They were cheap, chrome-plated steel wheels and you could get the center in chrome, black, gold, and maybe even blue and red. Not sure on the blue and red. I know for sure they came in the other three. They may not even make them anymore.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the info guys. I was going to do a metallic brown paint job on an '85 Toyota and then I just thought these wheels would set it off with the whole older style look. I just don't think my Weld Cheyennes would match the older style so I'm going to have to save those for a taco later on or sell them. I didn't even want to post in the newbie section after reading a few posts I relized the flaming on this forum makes Honda-Tech look like preschool. I figure I'd just ghost for as long as possible using search options. Now that I registered, flame suit on. :welder:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I saw those on summits web site not to long ago.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The flamming on here is way less creative than old school H-T in my opinion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
stu
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing