TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..
Got the 3" lift on in the past week, and now it's time to ditch to old 15x6 stockers and bald pirelli's for some BFGoodrich All Terrains (32x11.5x15) and a set of American Racing Rims... I'm looking at the "ventura" rim in the chrome finish (15x8)... How much back spacing is required to clear as much as possible in the wheel well? (A arm, control arm etc.) Also, anyone got any ideas as to who sells tires/rims the cheapest? :rolleyes:

Any help would be appreciated! I'm dying to get this beast into one complete work!

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
HoT_DoGgIN said:
Hey guys..
Got the 3" lift on in the past week, and now it's time to ditch to old 15x6 stockers and bald pirelli's for some BFGoodrich All Terrains (32x11.5x15) and a set of American Racing Rims... I'm looking at the "ventura" rim in the chrome finish (15x8)... How much back spacing is required to clear as much as possible in the wheel well? (A arm, control arm etc.) Also, anyone got any ideas as to who sells tires/rims the cheapest? :rolleyes:

Any help would be appreciated! I'm dying to get this beast into one complete work!
Congrats on your lift. Since you going with a rim thats 2" wider than the original i wouldnt go with a larger bs only because you will hit the upper a arm and possible the frame. Figure out what bs you have already and go from there. The two key factors are width and bs. On mine i got the wheelers alloys for my 2002 that are 16x8 with 4" bs and the orginal trd wheels were 16x7 with 4.50 bs and they stick out about .50" from the fender. It all depends on the look your after. If sticking out of the fender doesnt matter to you then go for the less bs. The less bs the more the rim will stick out of the fender and vise versa. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
808 Posts
HoT_DoGgIN said:
Hey guys..

I have the AR chrome Atlas wheels. Mine are 16x8 with metric 33's. BS on mine is 4.5" I do hit the frame at furn turn and flexing but clear everything else. For me, the more it stuck out = more fender trimming but less hitting against the frame. With 32's you shouldn't have rubbing issues. Either BS will clear the A arm or control arm.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
HoT_DoGgIN said:
Hey guys..

Check out Summit Racing or Wheelsforless for deals. I had Ventura 16 x 8's on my '03 and they were fine. Going to 15", you should probably go with 3 5/8" bs and test fit them before you mount tires. Your truck looks like a newer model and 01-03's have larger calipers which can be a problem fitting wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
bb609
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing