TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just an idea for those of us having a hard time finding certain calibers...

Anyway, Cabelas by me had some 22LR this morning but it disappeared in five minutes, not before I got some CCI.

They have plenty of 9mm if someone is in need of some.

I can also get .223 from the True Value by my house, but its not cheap. Cabelas had some this morning but it was $9.99 for a 20 rnd box.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I can't find .223 anywhere :(

Got plenty of .45 but no .223....doesn't help that i have a bolt gun so i have to have 223, no 556 and i have no interest in cheap steel cased stuff

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't find .223 anywhere :(

Got plenty of .45 but no .223....doesn't help that i have a bolt gun so i have to have 223, no 556 and i have no interest in cheap steel cased stuff
Depending on your route in April I could have some for you. Lemme check around and I will get back to you on the price. It was cheap stuff at cabelas, but True Value has some Remington.

·
1,860 Posts
Things will start to come back closer to "normal" now that they are not going to persue the AWB.....i traded my ar last month when prices were sky-high for a kz1000 and sold all 2000 rounds of ammo i had.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Depending on your route in April I could have some for you. Lemme check around and I will get back to you on the price. It was cheap stuff at cabelas, but True Value has some Remington.
I would really like to find some of the Winchester in the white box...that's the stuff my gun really likes....ironically it doesn't shoot Remington ammo well despite being a Remington gun lol

·
1,860 Posts
My remy 700 suppressed 308 loves federal soft point ammo....and i love my remy 700 suppressed 308 :)

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Things will start to come back closer to "normal" now that they are not going to persue the AWB.....i traded my ar last month when prices were sky-high for a kz1000 and sold all 2000 rounds of ammo i had.
Yeah I dumped my AK :( I got a good price and needed the cash so I figure I will replace it with an AR post-hype. I really like the AR platform.

I would really like to find some of the Winchester in the white box...that's the stuff my gun really likes....ironically it doesn't shoot Remington ammo well despite being a Remington gun lol
I will keep an eye out for you.

·
1,860 Posts
I did just pick up 1000 rounds of ak ammo for about 260 bux....only case he had tho unfortunately...
Mark- the ar platform is nice, ive built 4 from parts kits, but i have to say i like the ak better.....i dont know why.....but i do for sure, i have 3 in 762, 1 in 545, and 1 in 12guage...

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I finally got some white box 9mm I do need 762.x39 and 22

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
If you are in the area anytime soon I can spare a little .22LR to keep your little brother shooting for a little while. The 7.62 was plentiful at Cabelas, but $7.50 a box was crazy since I bought all mine for $2.45 a box four months ago so they are just gouging.

I did just pick up 1000 rounds of ak ammo for about 260 bux....only case he had tho unfortunately...
Mark- the ar platform is nice, ive built 4 from parts kits, but i have to say i like the ak better.....i dont know why.....but i do for sure, i have 3 in 762, 1 in 545, and 1 in 12guage...
Yeah I liked mine, but I just want a nice 22 to shoot cheap ammo. I picked up a SR22 pistol last week and aam supposed to take a Ruger 10/22 Talo tactical on trade this weekend for some work.

I was really only into the AK for around $250 and got $1k for it and 150 rnds with the tactical setup and the original stock + the soft case. I made out pretty good and can get back into another cheaper once the hype dies.

Looks like we are going to need to put a Shoot + Run together sometime soon! :D

·
1,860 Posts
Yea a shoot/run would be great....i wish i only had 250 in my ak's....i say it cost me from 450-650 each to build them from parts kits...but im not complaining...well worth it....and awesome when i throw a suppresser on one at the range and everyone gets all googly eyed!

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I kept it it was getting a can for sure. Already had the threaded barrel, lol. Gonna surpress the 9mm or the new 22 havent decided yet. I would LOVE to shootone of your AK's with a can! I was talked out of it by my FFL, he said you get the most surpression on a 9 or 22 :rolleyes:

I have been eyeing up some solvent trap adaptors for when I need to clean my guns.

·
Registered
311 Posts
If you are in the area anytime soon I can spare a little .22LR to keep your little brother shooting for a little while. The 7.62 was plentiful at Cabelas, but $7.50 a box was crazy since I bought all mine for $2.45 a box four months ago so they are just gouging
You're very kind. I lost my license thanks to the wonderful state of Indiana's mistake and have to wait until April 3 for even a court date but if I'm in the area ill let you know.

I have been checking Wal-Mart's app for 7.62 and have around 350 rounds but only getting 60 a time is really making it hard to go out and actually shoot for a full day. Not that I have time with all the work I've been putting in

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

·
1,860 Posts
And if youre bump firing the ak 60 rounds only last about 4 seconds!

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And if youre bump firing the ak 60 rounds only last about 4 seconds!
No shit! I only took mine out twice before selling it, but the last time out I went through over 500 rnds...real quick like. It doesnt help that I had the 75 rnd drum ready to rock when I got to the range :eek:

laskt9: How much you paying for 7.62? I can get it all day long up here but its pricey...I am sure I will be headed to the badlands in the next month or so (as a passenger) and can bring some down, but I just dont wanna get stuck with it since I dont shoot it anymore and its kinda pricey.

·
1,860 Posts
I have a couple 75 round drums....amazing how hot a barrel or suppressor will get after 75 rounds of rapid fire

·
1,860 Posts
I actually had mine hot enuf that the varnish started to melt from the front hand guard on my romy g

·
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cabelas has Herters steel case .223 for 6.99/20 rnd box

and

CCI .22LR HP for $7.99/100 rnds

limited qty's on both lemme know I can go back at lunch

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
4 Participants
laskt9
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing