TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend of myne who can sell me some used subs and an amp for cheap, and just wondering if i can i install them in my stock radio in my 07 tacoma. its the base radio, no jbl or any of that crap. sorry for the newbish question, im clueless and i didn't find anything in the search.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Get an LOC (line output convertor). LOCs have speaker inputs, RCA outs. You hook your factory deck speaker outputs to the LOC, then the RCAs go to your amp. EZ

·
Registered
606 Posts
Get an LOC (line output convertor). LOCs have speaker inputs, RCA outs. You hook your factory deck speaker outputs to the LOC, then the RCAs go to your amp. EZ

yeah, but unfortunately that sounds like poop.

I'd suggest if you've got the money, get yourself an aftermarket deck. It just sounds so much better than hooking up subs to the stock one. If you change out the deck, and bypass the factory amp (pos), the stock speakers will sound 10x better than they do. They're def. not components but they work well enough that replacing them isn't a top priority for me.

just my :2cents:

·
Registered
266 Posts
yeah, but unfortunately that sounds like poop.

I'd suggest if you've got the money, get yourself an aftermarket deck. It just sounds so much better than hooking up subs to the stock one. If you change out the deck, and bypass the factory amp (pos), the stock speakers will sound 10x better than they do. They're def. not components but they work well enough that replacing them isn't a top priority for me.

just my :2cents:
I'd never argue that a stock deck with LOCs will sound as good as a top line aftermarket HU, but as long as you use good LOCs (meaning: not from Wal-Mart) you can get pretty good sound.

Here is a good source of LOCs

http://www.autosound2000.com/adaptor_products.htm

I used a set of Navone LOCs on the stock HU for a while, then switched to an Alpine 9830. The Alpine was better for sure, but not nearly as much as I expected.

·
Registered
120 Posts
actually it doesnt sound that badd... i have it.. to some people it sounds better than

CHA CHING!!!!!!!! from your wallet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts