TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed this

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-C34CAtx87Wn/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=62700&I=500CDA9830

A gift from the GF :) . I will be upgrading my stock speakers with components in the front, 2 ways in the back and a JL stealth box. Rather not go with 2 amps (1 4 channel and 1 mono). My option is going with a 5 channel amp or just go with a mono to power the sub. I listen to all kinds of music and I'm not into bumping stereo for others to listen. With my deck, will a mono amp for sub be enough? I will be sound proofing my truck at the same time. Thanks.

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Super Doody said:
I just installed this

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-C34CAtx87Wn/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=62700&I=500CDA9830

A gift from the GF :) . I will be upgrading my stock speakers with components in the front, 2 ways in the back and a JL stealth box. Rather not go with 2 amps (1 4 channel and 1 mono). My option is going with a 5 channel amp or just go with a mono to power the sub. I listen to all kinds of music and I'm not into bumping stereo for others to listen. With my deck, will a mono amp for sub be enough? I will be sound proofing my truck at the same time. Thanks.

Jim
Even if you don't bump your system, you still don't want to underpower it. Ikesound.com has a 5 channel Hifonics ZX8000 for $239 that would work really well for your system. It'll provie plenty of power to all your speakers, and give you enough headroom to make adjustments if needed. The internal amp in a headunit would never be able to do that.


check out the amp here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
NisAznMonk said:
Even if you don't bump your system, you still don't want to underpower it. Ikesound.com has a 5 channel Hifonics ZX8000 for $239 that would work really well for your system. It'll provie plenty of power to all your speakers, and give you enough headroom to make adjustments if needed. The internal amp in a headunit would never be able to do that.


check out the amp here.

Thanks for the input. Do you belong to a car audio forum? I just want to learn morea bout car audio stuff. :)

This place has it for the same price with free shipping
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13118

Have you ordered from either of these places?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Super Doody said:
Thanks for the input. Do you belong to a car audio forum? I just want to learn morea bout car audio stuff. :)

This place has it for the same price with free shipping
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13118

Have you ordered from either of these places?

Thanks
check out these forums:
www.elitecaraudio.com
www.termpro.com
www.carsound.com
www.sounddomain.com

I've ordered from both places, and i like them both. generally ikesound.com has cheaper prices, but the customer service from both sites is top notch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
Super Doody said:
I just installed this

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-C34CAtx87Wn/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=62700&I=500CDA9830

A gift from the GF :) . I will be upgrading my stock speakers with components in the front, 2 ways in the back and a JL stealth box. Rather not go with 2 amps (1 4 channel and 1 mono). My option is going with a 5 channel amp or just go with a mono to power the sub. I listen to all kinds of music and I'm not into bumping stereo for others to listen. With my deck, will a mono amp for sub be enough? I will be sound proofing my truck at the same time. Thanks.

Jim
1st think where you want to put the amp. If you go with a multi-channel amp, look at the dimensions and make sure it will fit where you want it. I bought the 6 ch Infinity amp from Crutchfield and didn't look at the dimensions. I wanted to mount it under the seat but it's WAY too big to fit, so I ended it up putting it in my 5.0 and running 2 amps in my truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Super Doody said:
Thanks for the input. Do you belong to a car audio forum? I just want to learn morea bout car audio stuff. :)

This place has it for the same price with free shipping
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13118

Have you ordered from either of these places?

Thanks
A good place to learn about things is on the caraudio.com forums. Just make sure to read all the Stickies at the top before posting a question. Good group of guys. As for the shops, ikesound usually has better prices, and has warranties on some things. Shipping can be a bit pricey on the onlinecarstereo site. Other than that, its good places. Oh yeah and ikesound has some quality refurbs.
 

·
Not really here...
Joined
·
3,013 Posts
Super Doody said:
My option is going with a 5 channel amp or just go with a mono to power the sub. I listen to all kinds of music and I'm not into bumping stereo for others to listen. With my deck, will a mono amp for sub be enough? I will be sound proofing my truck at the same time. Thanks.Jim
I think your best bet would be to do what Hawthorne suggested in post #6.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top