TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Amsoiled my truck. I was hoping that when I changed the tranny gear fluid (manual tranny), that everything was going to be nice, but it seems notchy, and hard to shift into first and reverse. This is my third Toyota truck, and I have noticed that whenever I change the original tranny fluid, the tranny gets this way. In the past I just used Stay-Lube 75-90, but I was hoping that the Amsoil 75-90 was the cure to my problem. 75-90 is what the manual calls for. Them Japanese fluids must have some secret soy sauce or something in them to make things better. Anyone know what's up with this? If this was my first Toyota truck then I'd think that it was the truck, but after 3 trucks....
Truck is a 2002 SR5 TRD 4x4 extended cab, in case it matters. I live in Southern California right now, but might move some place colder someday. I think after driving a little while the problems ease up a little. I really would like a tranny fluid that delivers the same good shifting results as the factory fluid regardless of climate / temp. Any ideas?

·
Registered
741 Posts
TheChiefSinner said:
I have Amsoiled my truck. I was hoping that when I changed the tranny gear fluid (manual tranny), that everything was going to be nice, but it seems notchy, and hard to shift into first and reverse. This is my third Toyota truck, and I have noticed that whenever I change the original tranny fluid, the ....

i think if i remember right, someone posted that you had to overfill the tranny fluid and it actually shifted better...i have no expirence with this cause i have an AT,.. i got this info from a few posts i read a long time ago, maybe someone will chime in that has done it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
TacomaNova
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing