TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon im taking the plunge and jumping on the amsoil ban waggon. Since amsoil claims their series 2000 0w-30 is a 25K drain interval oil with filter changes in between, what kind of filter do you need to run in order to make it that far? After reading many success stories about amsoil it seems many people run amsoil remote bypass filter setup. If your changing oil once a year why do you need a remote filter setup? If i have to drop the skid plate once a year thats a good thing. Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
347 Posts
even if you switch to any of their oils/filters they recommend filter changes at 6 months. So its not gonna save you from that PITA job. Also I wouldnt recommend running it the whole year the first time without doing an oil analysis at 6-8 months, just to see how your truck is doing on it. I wouldnt run it longer than a year or 15K miles no matter what unless your doing alot of oil analysis to check the condition of the oil and engine. If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected]

·
I think I remember where Moab is?
1,227 Posts
Use the Amsoil SDF-34, it is not the one that is listed for the Tacoma, but it is the same one only longer, so it holds more fluid and has more filtering area. The one that is supposed to be used for the Tacoma v6 is SDF57, it works I have been running the SDF 34 for about 3 years now. And for all of you that use Fram, besides the fact that I am sorry for you, Fram calls for a 3614, try switching to the 3600, same thing only longer also!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
mr.trd
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing