TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was recently reading a post and someone mentioned that the Deckplate with the Amsoil filter will mess up the MAF, and i take that to mean mass air flow sensor, and make the check engine light come on. i have the deckplate mod and was wanting to get an amsoil filter but if it f****'s it up then there aint no point. anyone know of any truth to this?? :confused:

·
Smoked Out!
1,869 Posts
SouthernInfluence said:
i was recently reading a post and someone mentioned that the Deckplate with the Amsoil filter will mess up the MAF, and i take that to mean mass air flow sensor, and make the check engine light come on. i have the deckplate mod and was wanting to get an amsoil filter but if it f****'s it up then there aint no point. anyone know of any truth to this?? :confused:
I say true, but what's also true is,...

Improper spark plug gapping will f-up your engine. Is it the fault of the spark plug?

As previously mentioned, don’t over oil any air filter and your MAF will be fine.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ive had the deckplate for a while. First with the K&N and now an Amsoil filter. Never got a CEL.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
I've been running that way for years. The deckplate has not one thing to do with whether an oil rinsed filter of any kind will mess up your MAF. The only thing that is relavent is that you excercize some care not to put too much oil on the filter when it's cleaned.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
The Deckplate + AMSOIL Filter is a tried & true, awesome combo. If anyone has this combo and had a screwed up MAF sensor, it was their fault. Operator Error. I have never had a problem and I have been running this setup for a while, now. I also ran Deckplate + K&N, and never had a problem with that either... because I'm not stupid...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've had the deck plate mod and a k&n since 99 on my 4runner with no problems. Your MAF may get some crud on it which can be cleaned with spray electronics cleaner, but this would happen reguardless of the mods (you want the cleaner thats plastic safe and doesnt leave a residue) in the last 6 years I have cleaned mine only once.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts