TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading, with much interest the latest issue of Amsoil Action News.
Amsoil’s claim about their brand of Anti-Freeze.

I have always used the Toyota Red conventional based ethylene glycol anti-freeze, with great success.

The Amsoil is a propylene glycol based anti-freeze and according to Amsoil’s hype has been recently reformulated.
I like and use many Amsoil products; I do however have issues with there marketing at times. They are making some very strong claims about the corrosion protection offered by their product.

At dealer cost I can purchase the Amsoil Anti-freeze, cheaper than the Toyota Red stuff.

I know this forum has many Amsoil supporters, including Gadget.

Whatare the informed opinions of this offering from Amsoil?

Has anyone used this reformulated or the previous Amsoil antifreeze?
And what was Your experience?

Roger B. Steele
Fly A.A. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The general line of thinking on cooling system maintenance is to always use what came in the engine from the factory. Never change to a different type/brand.

The thing is that the cooling system should be flushed every 30,000 miles. The idea of trying to save a couple of bucks and running the risk of complications do to incompatabilty possibilities just does not make sense.

I can also get AMSOIL antifreeze cheaper then Toyota Red, but I just use the Toyota Red. Lubes are another story though...

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gadget said:
The general line of thinking on cooling system maintenance is to always use what came in the engine from the factory. Never change to a different type/brand.

The thing is that the cooling system should be flushed every 30,000 miles. The idea of trying to save a couple of bucks and running the risk of complications do to incompatabilty possibilities just does not make sense.

I can also get AMSOIL antifreeze cheaper then Toyota Red, but I just use the Toyota Red. Lubes are another story though...

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com
Gadget,

Thanks for the reply,

I tend to agree, on the coolant issue with You and that's why I've always used the Toyota Red coolant.

The cost was not really the issue with Me, more so if the Amsoil coolant was a better product.
If the Amsoil was a better coolant the price would just be icing on the cake.

I just like to be informed on new developments, if the Amsoil stuff is truly a superior product. I'm also very cautious about changing, products, esp. to something brand new till it is proven. I'm not about to install a product that's unproven just because it’s new and introduce corrosion issues
Can We all say Dexacool?

That why I was curious about the Amsoil coolant.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Amsoil Antifreeze

Anybody try this out yet or just stick with the factory red stuff. Putting in new radiator and wanted to know if Amsoil would work . All my other fluids are Amsoil but am hesitant when it comes to Antifreeze.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts