TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Amsoil air filter and I pulled it out yesterday to see how dirty it was and it was covered with dust. I want to clean it but don't have any amsoil filter oil, is there anything else I can use?

·
Registered
39 Posts
GreenTaco said:
I have an Amsoil air filter and I pulled it out yesterday to see how dirty it was and it was covered with dust. I want to clean it but don't have any amsoil filter oil, is there anything else I can use?
You don't have to clean it right away. Put it back and order yourself some oil from amsoil. When I bought my filter couple years ago, I went ahead and got some oil too. One thing that I do too is keep a spare Toyota air filter. This way, I could put it in while I wait for the air filter to air dry after I clean it :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
GreenTaco said:
Go down to mckenzies, www.mckenzies.com or a dirt bike shop and get some UNI foam filter oil and cleaner and you'll be good to go.

·
Registered
40 Posts
ocmike said:
Go down to mckenzies, www.mckenzies.com or a dirt bike shop and get some UNI foam filter oil and cleaner and you'll be good to go.
Does anyone agree with this? I have an amsoil that needs some cleaning and would like to know if UNI foam oil is a good alternative to amosil oil. thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
FishyTaco said:
My friend used the spray on K&N oil. He said the Amsoil filter oil(not in spray form) is too thick to get a consistant coating.

I do not see a problem with the UNI foam oil though.
I asked this because it would be alot easier for me to just buy some uni filter oil at my local yamaha when tuning my quad, than to special order some amsoil online, thanks!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
amsoil don't recommand using other oil than theirs...they said it will damage the filter itself...don't know if it's true or not....

really..just buy it from them..it takes 2 days for them to ship it to ur house...also u're gonna have to clean it with their cleaning solution they have...

you don't have to use their product..but i would since it is their filter..

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
04RedLobster said:
amsoil don't recommand using other oil than theirs...they said it will damage the filter itself...don't know if it's true or not....

really..just buy it from them..it takes 2 days for them to ship it to ur house...also u're gonna have to clean it with their cleaning solution they have...

do they sell the spry on or just the squirt type? i plan on getting an amsoil filter but i hate that non spray shit.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
they sell the spray kind..for the oil and the cleaner...it's really simple..but you just need to take ur time cleaning the filter itself..letting it dry out for 2 to 3 days...(air dry)

·
Registered
380 Posts
04RedLobster said:

but doesn't every company that have filters out there say to use "only" their filter oil?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
AMSOIL fiter oil is specially designed to work on thier foam material and it is cheap. It is super tacky and that is one of the things that make the filters filter so well.

K&N filter oil will eat the foam.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
04RedLobster said:
they sell the spray kind..for the oil and the cleaner...it's really simple..but you just need to take ur time cleaning the filter itself..letting it dry out for 2 to 3 days...(air dry)
yea, i know all about foam filters and oil. been dealing with it for years on the bikes n buggies. i hate cleaning and oiling my filter on my bike but i have to do it constanly in that case. not like the amsoil on a truck. i need to get off my ass and order all the products so i caqn switch over in about 3k.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts