TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Just got it today fit was good, havent driven it yet. I am hopeing for some better mpg, since my old filter was dirty.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Sweet dude!

I wish I could see the pics, but I'm working real late tonight and my job blocks the images..... gonna have to wait till I get home to check em out.

Gonna have to get that thing as soon as I can for my truck too. Let us know your impressions of the thing. I'm sure you won't see a noticeable drivability difference, but possibly might get a +1 or so MPG gain in economy.

I was amazed at how much economy I gained when I slapped an EA filter on my G35 Coupe and a straight intake pipe without a resonator... it was about +2.3 MPG across the board, as tested over a long LONG time(like a year of driving). I'd be happy if the Tacoma gained 1/4 of the economy that my car did from this mod.

Thanks for taking the time to take some pics and sharing them with us.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You think its too clean?

·
Registered
444 Posts
do you polish and armor-all it?

a clean motor is a happier and cooler running motor! props to you for taking care of your sh!t.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Is that valve cover painted?

It looks glossy and sorta sparkly like the paint on a new silver-colored car sorta.

·
Registered
978 Posts
don't use facebook to host pics anymore. ...aside from it being as gay as the day is long, i can't access it from work.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got the tuck, so I have not cleaned it yet. I am waiting to get it dirty. I dont think the valve has been painting. And i just got a photobucket account.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
:xbarf: kinda makes my stomach sick thinking about the years of shit I've let sand up the insides of my engine with that K&N filter. Seems the wet guaze isn't as effective as even a stock filter.

I guess the fact that you can see light through them should say enough....:(

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just got it today fit was good, havent driven it yet. I am hopeing for some better mpg, since my old filter was dirty.
Got mine today. The butt dyno says there's a little more pep and improved throttle response compared with the Amsoil foam filter I removed. The foam filter wasn't particularly dirty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts