TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did amsoil ever come out with their oil-less nano fiber filters for the 3rd gen 2.7 tacomas? I'm looking at an aftermarket filter to replace my stock paper and i heard that amsoil discontinued their regular oiled model for the 2.7. Anyone else make an amsoil equivalent, or did amsoil come out with their new ones for the 2.7? Thanks

·
Registered
770 Posts
Figital said:
Did amsoil ever come out with their oil-less nano fiber filters for the 3rd gen 2.7 tacomas? I'm looking at an aftermarket filter to replace my stock paper and i heard that amsoil discontinued their regular oiled model for the 2.7. Anyone else make an amsoil equivalent, or did amsoil come out with their new ones for the 2.7? Thanks

True-Flow makes a nice foam type filter. I have the Amsoil foam and it works very well I'm very happy with it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Supposedly, Amsoil is in the process of making the NanoFiber filters now. That was at least 6 months ago. You can go to https://www.amsoil.com/scripts/runisa.dll?amsoiloaf:index and fill out the info for your truck and see if they've made it yet or you can email them as well.

I've got the TrueFlow as well and it rocks!

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
They haven't released it yet. I check like twice a week every week and am always disappointed to see that they still haven't released them.

I called Amsoil initially about a year ago to ask if they were going to make one, and they assured me that they were going to release them in early January of 2006..... and they still haven't. I also called a few more times to inquire about the status of Toyota Truck Nanofiber air filters and they would not say anything other than that there are plans to make them at some point. At this juncture, common sense would tell you that it's probably not worth sitting around and waiting for them to release one because the timetable is probably indefinite.

I'll be thrilled when they eventually do release one though and will order it the day it comes out.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,368 Posts
From my post back in June:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39288
ShowStop said:
I wanted to get another Amsoil foam filter back in January. The filter was discontinued, so I called them and asked about the nano filter. They said about 3 months before it would be available. I checked with Amsoil in April and they said 2-3 months. Now from Gadget he says another 1-2 months.

I got tired of the delays and bought a TrueFlow filter. Its a decent design and in some ways better then the Amsoil filter. So far so good with performance. I bought my Trueflow filter from here:
www.performance-air-filters.com
Its now been over a year and no nano filters from Amsoil. Don't hold your breath. :mad:
Why not buy from a company that actually makes a product you can obtain and not some vaporware product. :confused: Amsoil has lost a lot of credibility with this nanofiber filter issue.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
ShowStop said:
From my post back in June:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39288

Its now been over a year and no nano filters from Amsoil. Don't hold your breath. :mad:
Why not buy from a company that actually makes a product you can obtain and not some vaporware product. :confused: Amsoil has lost a lot of credibility with this nanofiber filter issue.

What can you tell me about the True Flow filters filter media? I'm pretty much fed up with waiting for Amsoil to release a new one and wouldn't mind seeking alternatives. Of course.. I'll probably order a True Flow and find out that Amsoil released their Nanofiber filters the very next day. ;)

From their site, it looks like it's an oiled filter that is reusable 2-4 times. How well constructed is the outer seal of the filter and does it feel like quality construction.... easy to clean and reoil? Did you notice a sound difference with the filter like you can with some K&N's?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,368 Posts
I just cleaned mine the other day. It was dirty as hell from all the recent trail runs I've been on. The cleaning kit is easy to use. Takes about 10 min to clean the filter, then air dry. Applying the oil to the foam is similar to a K&N as the oil is in a spray can. Then you work the oil into in foam, blot it with a paper towel, and install.

I talked to True-Flow rep at Off Road Expo. He told me the foam they use is a higher quality then Amsoil and should last longer without breaking down. The structure of the filter is well built. I'm always a little leary about filters with rubber seals, but I didn't notice any problem with this one. No real sound difference that I can tell.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts