TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy has a 2007 tacoma V6 prerunner, completely stock.
He is at 3000 miles on the odometer. He wants to switch to Amsoil synthetic motor oil. Is it best to use a cheaper synthetic first for a few thousand miles to get rid of the original oil and then go to amsoil? Or just go right to amsoil.
Also, what weight should he use? 0w-30, 5w-30, 10w-30? Climate is warm, he lives in Southern california.
Last question, I have a 03 tacoma supercharged and I am using 0w-30 amsoil, should I stick with it or go to 5w-30?

Thanks in advance.
 

·
TTORA SoCal
Joined
·
1,976 Posts
Your buddy can change to a synthetic whenever he wants. If he plans on following the every 15k miles thing with that oil, I would do a cheaper syn first, but that is my own opinion. 5w-30 is fine for down here also. For both trucks ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought people loved Amsoil, for its quality and you only have to change it twice a year at most.
 

·
TTORA SoCal
Joined
·
1,976 Posts
4X4Poker said:
I thought people loved Amsoil, for its quality and you only have to change it twice a year at most.
yeah, it is great stuff. I just think that when you get something like that, you should do the transition change, like you mentioned. I use mobil 1 extended. It says you can change it every 15k, but I don't feel comfortable waiting that long. Especially when I wheel my truck alot. I do it every 7k just to feel good, and to get under my truck, and have my alone time ;)
 

·
TTORA SoCal
Joined
·
1,976 Posts
4X4Poker said:
I here ya, thats good alone time indeed.
Thanks for the feedback.
no problem.....you and your buddy should come out to the next event with us. We DO let new people wheel every once and a while :kewl:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,569 Posts
rubberpants said:
.....get under my truck, and have my alone time ;)
:eek: :D

-----HIJACK IN PROGRESS------

Hey Darrin - Any of you guys coming out for AzRocks this year?

-----END HIJACK ------
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,892 Posts
just change - Amsoil recommend 0-30, this stuff
http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/tso.aspx
I'd stick with that. I live in AZ and that's what run.

4X4Poker said:
My buddy has a 2007 tacoma V6 prerunner, completely stock.
He is at 3000 miles on the odometer. He wants to switch to Amsoil synthetic motor oil. Is it best to use a cheaper synthetic first for a few thousand miles to get rid of the original oil and then go to amsoil? Or just go right to amsoil.
Also, what weight should he use? 0w-30, 5w-30, 10w-30? Climate is warm, he lives in Southern california.
Last question, I have a 03 tacoma supercharged and I am using 0w-30 amsoil, should I stick with it or go to 5w-30?

Thanks in advance.
 

·
TTORA SoCal
Joined
·
1,976 Posts
4xClover said:
:eek: :D

-----HIJACK IN PROGRESS------

Hey Darrin - Any of you guys coming out for AzRocks this year?

-----END HIJACK ------
---------HIJACK BEING ANSWERED------------

I believe Jason and Wyatt are coming out, don't know about little Chris (wgasa). I really wanted to, but I just started running a construction site and no can do, unless I figure some things out. As for others, I am not sure of....

----------HIJACK ANSWER FINISHED-------------
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top