TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the TS-115 filter several months ago and just now had a chance to drop it in - this is for my V6 3.4L Tacoma.

The seal between the filter and the airbox is less than....good. Is this typical? Is this the wrong application? For all the crud that's going to get let in around it, I'd rather use the Toyota factory filter. What a waste of money this was, otherwise. Any thoughts?

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
I just installed mine and i noticed the same thing and it looks like the seal between the amsoil and trd is about the same.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forget offhand what I paid for the filter. It was a few months ago. But yeah, the fitment SUCKS and they won't let me return it. I'm never ever ever EVER buying another AMSoil product again. What a crock of shit.

"Our filters are better. Nevermind that they let unfiltered air pass them right on by!"

Asshats. Never again. Next time I see Gadget open his mouth, I hope I'm there to shut it for him with my defective TS-115 and now-useless can of filter oil.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I bought an amsoil a few months ago and the seal on mine sucked ass. I took some left over sealant from my deckplate mod and ran it along the bottom side where the filter would be. Now the filter fits very snug and I havn't had any dirt get past it like before. That's my solution cause this problem was brought up at least six months ago and they still haven't fixed it. Other than that I love my amsoil. Good luck

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Thats why I returned my. You should be able to get a refund. Just go with an OEM airfilter and replace after a few months. They are only like 9$. The only way to really increase horsepower forced induction or motor swap. In terms of filtering capabilities I think paper filters are just as good.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
obscurotron said:
So I bought the TS-115 filter several months ago and just now had a chance to drop it in - this is for my V6 3.4L Tacoma.

The seal between the filter and the airbox is less than....good. Is this typical? Is this the wrong application? For all the crud that's going to get let in around it, I'd rather use the Toyota factory filter. What a waste of money this was, otherwise. Any thoughts?
I had the same probem with mine, and promptly returned it. I had a dialogue with one of the AF dudes at Amsoil and he said that they're aware of the problem and that slight differences between the air boxes were responsible...

They said they're currently redesigning the filter. The original ones were great from what I've heard, but the "Flowzair" version (with the blue neoprene) was the problem one, for some people.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Amsoil instructed my dealer to have me return mine ASAP. I may still have the emails saved regarding this as I had talked to Amsoil directly as well as my dealer. Will post here if I find them.

·
Don't get Wenzeled
1,410 Posts
I noticed the same thing when i put mine in the other night.
It only seemed to be near the top of the filter (because the lid wasn't closed). At the bottom of the filter it seemed to seal ok.

I bent the clamps out a bit more at the top so they would push the filter into the box to seal it better when the lid was closed. I also did the same thing at the bottom for good measure.

It was dark, so I going to look at it tomorrow and see if it's still working.

That blue rubber ring is to blame. It gives way too easily.
They need to make it wider and taller by about 4 -5 mm or stiffen it up a bit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts