TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is better? An Amsoil dry filter (nanofiber) or a trueflow (sponge)? I am planning on buying one this week. Any suggestions on which one?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
They don't make an Amsoil nanofiber drop-in for our trucks yet. You might be able to find one of the old oiled Amsoil gauze filters one E-bay if you look for a long time, but that's doubtful now since they've stopped carrying those gauze oiled filters a good year and a half ago.

Only thing you can do if you really want a Nanofiber filter is buy a generic cone intake filter from Amsoil in their Nanofiber product and mount it on the end of your intake pipe somehow. You'll probably have to custom make an adapter though.

I've been watching the Amsoil site for them to release a drop-in Nanofiber filter for our trucks for the past 2 years, and the bastards haven't yet. I even called like 5 times and asked if and when they would... and they keep giving different answers as to when it will happen.

The Amsoil website currently only remarket-sells WIX filters for our Toyota trucks until they release Nanofiber ones that fit our airboxes.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Good on you for posting in Newbie Tech.

If you would have searched and typed in air filter looked at the second thread, line 16 you would have found this link:
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/filters_test/2/
They have a side-by-side comparision of 4 different air filters(3 types of material).
Also if you typed "amsoil filter" there's 22 threads and "trueflow filter" there's 10 threads and look down to this thread it is the same question you asked, with survey:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39288&highlight=trueflow+filter.
Does any of this HELP?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,420 Posts
Which is better? An Amsoil dry filter (nanofiber) or a trueflow (sponge)? I am planning on buying one this week. Any suggestions on which one?
I got tired of waiting for Amsoil to release their nanofiber filters for the Toyota trucks. Its been over a year of promises that they will have one "soon". Nothing yet....

I gave up and bought a Trueflow filter. Very good quality filter IMHO. Better then the foam filter that Amsoil had. I'd definately recommend it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Actually, if you go look at amsoil's site right now and do their online application guide, they have now come out with their Absolute Efficiency nanofiber filters for both the 2.4 and 2.7, just not the 3.4. At least for a '98.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,420 Posts
Actually, if you go look at amsoil's site right now and do their online application guide, they have now come out with their Absolute Efficiency nanofiber filters for both the 2.4 and 2.7, just not the 3.4. At least for a '98.
They had part numbers for them long ago...doesn't mean they are actually available.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Fair enough, but you are able to add it to the cart, and checkout. I suppose I'll just actually have to order one to see if they added a non-existant item to their online catalog.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about the true flow...I'll be picking one up pretty soon.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Good to hear, I got a TrueFlow about a year ago w/out doing much research- all I knew was I couldn't get Amsoil and didn't want K&N.
TrueFlow was only $25 too, I think?

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
I'm also an AMSOIL to TrueFlow convert.

I'm tired of waiting for AMSOIL to get off their ass on the EO115 for our 3.4L. My old AMSOIL was pretty gnarly, so I went ahead and got the TrueFlow. Just put it in this week.

I got mine @ http://www.carjunky.com/accessories/ for $43.00 for the PN:40200

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hmm...

Interesting, the Amsoil site does list an Absolute Efficiency air filter now for the Tacoma 2.7 liter engine, part number EAA206:

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/detail.aspx?ID=10600

I'm a little leary about that part though. The part that they were supposed to make that was a direct drop-in for our trucks should have been EAA117, not EAA206. I'm give them a call on Monday and try to find out if this is actually the correct part for our trucks or not.

This must have just recently been added too, because I usually check Amsoils new product listing about 3 or 4 times a week and haven't seen any mention of new EA filters being added to the product lineup and I think I actually went to the application guide PDF that they have about 2 or 3 weeks ago and only saw the WIX listed.

I'll be sure to let you guys know what I find out on the phone Monday.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called amsoil and the one on there website is the one for a 2.7 l for which i have so i am gonna order one today.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I called amsoil and the one on there website is the one for a 2.7 l for which i have so i am gonna order one today.
Yeah sweet! I just called em too and spoke to a tech representative who told me the same thing. He said the EAA207 should be a drop-in panel filter that uses the Nanofiber filter element and will replace the OEM filter in the stock airbox for our trucks.

Definitely ordering this immediately! I was honestly starting to think that Amsoil would never actually deliver on their claims to produce a filter for our trucks.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i got told it was the EAA206, thats also what it has on their website under product guide

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Typo.. I meant 206.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ordered mine just a minute ago.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Nice, dude...

I'll be doing the same tonight most likely. Got a huge order to put in for like 20 different products for my freakin car and truck actually. Heh.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Ordered mine just a minute ago.
Hey man...

Can you post here how the filter fits when you get it? I'm not going to be able to place my order for that filter and a bunch of fluids I'm planning on ordering for about another week until my dad gets his Amsoil account back on track.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Once i get it i will tell you guys how it looks, fits, and if there is any difference while driving. Man i cant wait to get it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts