TTORA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Just bought an 07 4x4 FJ Cruiser and was hoping to be able to take it out on the trail sometime soon. But first, I need to learn the basics since I am totally new at off road driving. Any suggestions as far as courses in the bay area?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,586 Posts
Welcome to the club. :)

Good call on the off-road courses. Most people get in their 4WD and think they have the skills to master the trail and learn the hard way that off-road travel is much more techinical (and dangerous) then sticking to the pavement.

There are two main groups that hold training courses in the Norcal area. First is at Hollister Hills:
www.espritdefour.com/dynamic/?page_id=26

Second is at Prarie City (Sacramento):
www.ccmg4wd.org/safetyclinic.htm

Other good ways to pick up trail experience is to keep on the lookout for trips that are designated as SUV friendly or touted as being open to all experience levels.

Also, if you do plan on taking your rig on the trails, be sure to look into body armor for it and upgrade those rear links.
www.demello-offroad.com (Armor)
www.allprooffroad.com (Armor + Links)

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
He said Bay Area, numbnuts.

What? You're harboring some kind of hate for the lawn chair suspension or something?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the valuable info everyone. It's time for me to click on those links and start the adventure.....

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Welcome

Don't wheel by yourself, there are plenty of people around here that will be happy to show you the ropes.

And training courses are a great idea.

Congrats on the new FJ

Also check out www.budbuilt.com for armor
Super great guy and vendor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts