• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious who thinks that there should be a new presidential election.

Whatever the reason be:
Dont like current ruling, that there hasn't been an election in over a year, etc.

(IMO) How does a new president get the chance to get elected if there is no re-occuring election that happens?

·
Registered
434 Posts
not too anonymous now is it?

i don't know, i haven't belonged to this club for very long... not even sure what the prez does per se. i don't think i've ever met him/her... i'm sure they just do organization and represent the club for anything outside that needs to be taken care of?

·
Registered
434 Posts
It is anonymous as you cannot see who votes for which choice.

You are not required to post a reply with your opinion :)

Pres is supposed to welcome new members, make sure the club grows & organizes events, etc.
yea, i was jokin about the anonymous part.

either way, how did the current prez get his/her position? i'd assume the same/similar process would be followed to usher in a new one...

·
7,735 Posts
Could somebody sleep with somebody else's cousin just to perfect the soap opera?

EDIT, I'm really starting to understand the idea behind "shut up and wheel" on all counts

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Pres is supposed to welcome new members, make sure the club grows & organizes events, etc.
Yep, pretty much, also monitor the forum, resolve crises, moderate interpersonal disputes, etc. Honestly, there aren't many (if any) "perks".

·
20,355 Posts
In the polls on this board it shows who voted for what.

I think Troy has done a great job in setting up runs and brining newbies into the club. I can count several that he has gone out of his way for to get sliders ect.. on their trucks so they could make runs/trips with a properly armored vehicle.

As far as becoming president I am pretty sure it comes down to what Shannon wants.

Dont see how the person who is president really has that much to do with anyones involvement or enjoyment of the club. In reality the president doesnt really have all that much athority over what goes on with the club. So pics of non posted runs cannt be posted in the past events folder. who cares post them in the lets talk about wheeling folder and everyone is happy.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Now this is an interesting post. As I was pushed forward as an option as president by Brian (driftnco) as his replacement. And have been in the club a good length of time. I would eventually love to become president of the club, but feel that Troy is doing a good job at this time.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In the polls on this board it shows who voted for what.

I think Troy has done a great job in setting up runs and brining newbies into the club. I can count several that he has gone out of his way for to get sliders ect.. on their trucks so they could make runs/trips with a properly armored vehicle.

As far as becoming president I am pretty sure it comes down to what Shannon wants.

Dont see how the person who is president really has that much to do with anyones involvement or enjoyment of the club. In reality the president doesnt really have all that much athority over what goes on with the club. So pics of non posted runs cannt be posted in the past events folder. who cares post them in the lets talk about wheeling folder and everyone is happy.

I think at events a president could also make sure everyone felt welcomed... at least walk around and say hey, hows it going to everyone. Not even saying an in depth conversation.

especialy a person that came with an existing member, paid the fee to get into the "party" and noone even bothered to say hi or introduce themselves to them. which in trun made that potential new member say EFF this TTORA stuff...

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How do new presidents get elected anyways? Only when someone steps down or what?
How does that leave the club more potential & room for growth?

Its not like the old president gets booted out of the club, or cant do the things they were doing.. they just aren't the "face" of the chapter anymore...

·
20,355 Posts
Dont know exactly what you are talking about, but in general i have seen Troy go around an talk to the newbies. Remember, no one is perfect, everyone cannot be cattered to.

·
20,355 Posts
every previous poll i have seen you could, but this one seems to be different. looks like i was wrong.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
How do new presidents get elected anyways? Only when someone steps down or what?
How does that leave the club more potential & room for growth?

Its not like the old president gets booted out of the club, or cant do the things they were doing.. they just aren't the "face" of the chapter anymore...
Well, in my case (and Brians), it was your former husband (fiance?) that wanted Brian out of the seat. And Brian putting people he recommended for the seat. Troy got the seat as having been a former president and meeting Shannon from what I've heard. As I have not met Shannon yet.

·
Registered
434 Posts
i think shutup and wheel should be the motto.

politics should have NO place here. ugh. real politics are enough, do we really need to create more?

that being said, i've never met or talked to the prez, and i've been on a couple runs... i'm not saying he's doing a bad job or that he should be on *every* run - that would just be insane. but i'd say someone who feels they are active enough in this community that can bring people together would be a good choice... just like the prez of the US, they have to be someone who can solve problems, not create them.

now again, i haven't met/talked to our prez, so those comments are in no way directed at his ability or lack thereof to be prez. i'm just stating what would be good qualifications.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, in my case (and Brians), it was your former husband (fiance?) that wanted Brian out of the seat. And Brian putting people he recommended for the seat. Troy got the seat as having been a former president and meeting Shannon from what I've heard. As I have not met Shannon yet.
In the Ohio chapter case... Troy left & everyone who WANTED to run, could. Then members voted.

I personally think there should be an election every year... if the same person gets re-elected, great.. if noone else wants to run that year, great. But the option SHOULD be there.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Because YOUR part of the in group
Dude, this isn't the place to start the "ingroup" stuff. I've been here longer than most people. Keep it on topic, and if I had the moderator status as I should, this wouldn't start up.

·
20,355 Posts
dont know that i would say that. I have my differences with many in the club, just something that is going to happen. I enjoy wheeling though, so i make sure i get out on runs. Guess that is what gets you into the in group is going on runs and getting to know the rest of the club:confused: Regardless i set those differences aside for the most part on the trail, because we are all out there to have fun and enjoy ourselves.

Dont know who would be suited to take over as the person would have to be someone who over the past year has been out on numerous runs in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.