TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you with '05+ trucks experienced an annoying squeak in the cab? My truck has had this for several months, and two dealers have been unable to track it down (one pretty much refused to try, citing my suspension as the culprit. Nonsense, of course, as it has squeaked long before I changed any parts.)

It sometimes seems to come from the dash, other times it comes from the rear somewhere. It seems to happen at all speeds, under all environmental conditions (hot, cold, wet, dry, etc.) and even on both smooth and bumpy surfaces. My truck has not been heavily wheeled.

Any ideas as to what it might be? It's driving me crazy.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
NOPE, but my seat belt latches make a lot of noise banging against the plastic door trim. I just buckled them to avoid going crazy.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i get the same annoying squeak! i noticed it only happens though when the wife's in the front seat?? :D hehe!

·
Registered
232 Posts
i get the same annoying squeak! i noticed it only happens though when the wife's in the front seat?? :D hehe!
Really ... mine is more of a whine :D

But seriously try spraying some polymer lube on the bushings under the cab.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
If you can't find it and the dealership can't find it how in the hell do you expect someone on the internet to find it?

I know, here's what you do. Start by completely disassembling the cab. Just gut the fucker altogether. Sit on a gas can or something and drive the truck. If it still squeaks you haven't disassembled the truck enough so try removing the bed. If it doesn't squeak, reinstall the driver seat and proceed step by step and part by part from there until you reinstall the squeakey part. Eventually you will find the offending squeak.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
If you can't find it and the dealership can't find it how in the hell do you expect someone on the internet to find it?

I know, here's what you do. Start by completely disassembling the cab. Just gut the fucker altogether. Sit on a gas can or something and drive the truck. If it still squeaks you haven't disassembled the truck enough so try removing the bed. If it doesn't squeak, reinstall the driver seat and proceed step by step and part by part from there until you reinstall the squeakey part. Eventually you will find the offending squeak.
Wow, Dick. That is some awesome troubleshooting skillz ya got there.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Do you doubt my methodology being effective in curing the problem? Maybe it's better for everyone to tell him to check something else randomly until the offending part or parts has been stumbled upon as per the approved stealership method. LOL

·
Registered
54 Posts
noise

I had the same thing with my truck, it sounded like it was in the dash, turns out it was the air ube that goes through the fender, it took the dealership 7 tries to "sorta fix it" they packed foam and felt in the fender and it made it less noticable but its still there if you know what you where listening for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts