TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
7,735 Posts
I vote for an afternoon-evening run.

Please, let's not try to get up at the crack of 'fuck you' to beat the crowds. You know that doesn't usually work and we'll just have to wait on the cluster fuck coming back down.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let's keep it on the Friday so we can avoid the parking lot that will consume the trail on Sat. There's too many assclowns that either try to bring their open-open stock junk or their shiny quadratecjcwhitneycompleteboltonIhavetoomuchmoneyandtimetoburn bling-bling mall crawlers through there on the weekends. I'm NOT for starting at the ass-crack of dawn and it's not worth it IMO. We're camping there Fri night anyway so all we have to do is get back to camp right by the trailhead.

My plan is to get there Thurs afternoon/evening, wake up at a normal time, have some breakfast burritos, hit the trail late morning, and just cruise. I'm not planning on being in race-mode at all. :aahg: I plan to be in relax-mode that day. :xzzz:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
I'll be there. I'm kinda in with doug. Chill around camp in the morning, head out for the trail around noonish. Should miss most of the shit by then, and we should still have plenty of time to play at Cleveland rock and so on.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Damn Nate, been waiting for you to finish.

I dont think i can make the 1st weekend in Aug, though. I am sure going to try.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
if no one wants to be on the trail till noonish maybe I could get to work at "the crack of fuck you" (thanks for that doug lol) then leave at like 10 and only have to take a half day. We'll see how it plays out

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if no one wants to be on the trail till noonish maybe I could get to work at "the crack of fuck you" (thanks for that doug lol) then leave at like 10 and only have to take a half day. We'll see how it plays out
Do they not allow any days off where you work?

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Do they not allow any days off where you work?
I have to take days off to move this month, for a bachelor party in september, an already planned week long vacation in october, and and potentially moab in september. I only get 2 weeks of vacation time and I already have all my dates in my calendar and am planning on working overtime to get some comp days to fill in the rest. Holy cross is a clusterfuck whether you run it on a tuesday at the crack of dawn or a saturday afternoon. Thats how its always been. Im going to try to make the friday but if not its my loss.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hey kids, I am planning on being in your neck of the woods from Aug 1st-4th, plan on camping, wheeling, and fishing with my son before school starts back up. It would be great to hook up with some CO folk while here. Truck is dialed in and look g for some fun. Anything interesting between Telluride and Ouray to play on? Due to economic reasons I have been all work and not much play, but its time to get out of Dodge for a bit. Anyone available that weekend give us shout out.
See you in August.
K-ton

·
7,735 Posts
Hey Chef!
I'm not exactly sure what's between Telluride and Ouray, but the Holy Cross run is a real good time. Very mild wheeling compared to what you're used to down in AZ, but it's beautiful and relaxing with a few rocks to keep it interesting.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didn't sell the rig then? Glad to hear you'll be coming to CO. You'll have to join us on the HC run. You'll love it! There's some really scenic stuff in Ouray, but nothing hard. Black Bear Pass to Imogene is a classic scenic loop that I've done a couple times. It's pretty much a dirt road but it's worth doing once if you've never done it before. Check out my 2011 and 2013 trip reports.

Are you driving or towing your rig to CO?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Hey Shawn,
Can't really get the heart up to push the sale. I knew it would be a select crowd that would even consider such a truck, besides I just completely rebuilt the rear axle, and the truck is just itching to get out. It will be great to see you guys, I will be down for the Holy Cross for sure. How's camping in the area? Should I book ahead or is it pretty chill?
Check back soon.
Chef

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Shawn,
Can't really get the heart up to push the sale. I knew it would be a select crowd that would even consider such a truck, besides I just completely rebuilt the rear axle, and the truck is just itching to get out. It will be great to see you guys, I will be down for the Holy Cross for sure. How's camping in the area? Should I book ahead or is it pretty chill?
Check back soon.
Chef
There is a camp site up there, but there's a lot of free camp sites too. We just snag one of the larger free camp sites and all camp there. I'll be up there sometime Thursday to get us a good site. When are you planning on getting there?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I was planning on leaving phoenix friday morning, but I will plan on leaving thursday morning instead so we can be ready to wheel Friday at whatever crack of the butt time you decide to wheel at ;) Wooh-hoo!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Holy chilly nipples its cold in Colorado, and rainy!? 57° right now with thunderstorms all week
flash floods and that's in Telluride, I imagine it will be cooler still in the hills.
Being a low altitude desert dweller from Phoenix, might freeze me nutz.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, it stays pretty cool in da mountains. Hard to believe, but some stuff is still snowed in and not open yet, case in point: Black Bear Pass. Cleavland Rock at the end of Holy Cross is still snowed in. That's why we wait until Aug to do this run. None of this stuff is much below 10K', so it stays pretty cool. Should be a nice break from the heat :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts